Method Community

Customization

Last post 02-08-2011 8:36 AM by Method_Paul. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2011 1:56 AM

Customization

I have created a customer portal with screens that display customer account information. How do I set up a "pay now" screen? what tables and fields should data be pulled from? is there a template or do I need to create a table from scratch? Do I need to set up the payment gateway first?

• 01-28-2011 7:57 AM In reply to

Re: Customization

Matt - my advice: hold off.  This is a project that we have been working on since September.  We're only a week or so from bringing everything to life.

You'll notice that all the big blog posts from September forward have been about big releases that were all needed for this, including payment gateways, UI improvements, MIurl.cc, and a revamped portal setup process for HTTPS urls. 

Once we put it out, you can then customize to your heart's content.  You'll be thankful that you waited - trust me.

In the meantime, make sure you setup your payment gateway under Customize > My Account with Authorize.net, Intuit Payment Solutions or PSI Gate.

Paul

• 01-28-2011 11:27 AM In reply to

Hi Paul - 

Are there any plans to add more vendors to the payment gateway? Elavon in particular? While my client has Authorize.net as a secondary gateway they would much rather use Elavon.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide

Tracy

• 01-28-2011 12:03 PM In reply to

Tracy -

There are plans to add more down the road.  Next up is PayPal and GoogleCheckout, and something for our users in the U.K..  We have not discussed Elavon.

Either way, I don't see it coming for quite a while.  We are frying some pretty big fish right now and I don't see us revisiting the payment gateway list until late summer.

Sorry!

Paul

• 01-28-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for the quick reply, apprecicate it

• 01-28-2011 12:49 PM In reply to

Thanks, this is critical to my purpose of using Method.

• 01-28-2011 1:01 PM In reply to

Great. Then please do give us feedback once you are on it. We'd love to hear it.

BTW - have you got the Receive Payment screen working processing credit cards?  If not, make sure that is functional for you so that you can hit the ground running with the new portals since it is pretty much a customer-facing version of the same screen.

Paul

• 02-07-2011 7:04 PM In reply to

Paul,

I was wondering if the big update you mentioned has been rolled out yet? this would allow me to set up and customize pay now screens for customers to view through the portal.

thanks,

• 02-08-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

Matt -

We're still doing some final testing and tweaking before rolling it all out.  You can get a sneak peak of what has been rolled out so far by viewing the "Contacts_Portal" under Customize > Portal. 

There's a problem we just noticed, right now, where the automatic emails it generates are not always jiving with the portals.  We are looking into it, and will have it resolved before we do a formal announcement.

Also, we're going to push out the new Invoice and new Estimate screens which will email customers a link to print PDFs, and/or pay their transactions in the portal.  Once you see that I think you'll be ready to go.  My guess is that it will now be Thursday before you see this.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)