Method Community

Due Date calculation - Invoice Screen

Last post 10-15-2014 3:06 PM by Method_Noel. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2014 1:23 PM

Due Date calculation - Invoice Screen

Hello.  I am looking for assistance/guidance for how to update the due date for invoices whenever the "date" of the invoice is changed.  Here is an example of what happens.  I create an invoice on 7/1 with net 30 terms.  The due date auto calculates 7/31 when the invoice is created by using the current date.  however, with our company we often dont finalize invoices till weeks or months later, so we change the date of the invoice from 7/1 to 8/15.  However, the due date remains at 7/31, which doesnt make sense if the invoice date is now 8/15.  The new due date should be 9/14.  Can someone please tell me how i can create an action to auto refresh this due date whenever the invoice date changes?  Thank you!

• 10-15-2014 3:06 PM In reply to

Re: Due Date calculation - Invoice Screen

Hello DavidD,

I tested this scenario on the stock invoice screen and I can not see any issue with the Due Date.

Here are the steps I took to test your query and the results produced;

1 - Created an invoice, entered Date 7/1 and Terms Net30. Result = Due Date auto updated to 7/31.

2 - Edited invoice, before saving, by changing Date to 8/15. Result = Due Date auto updated to 9/14.

3 - Edited invoice, after saving, by changing Date to 8/15. Result = Due Date auto updated to 9/14.

Are you running a custom invoice screen? If you are, I recommend that you test the stock invoice screen to see if the same issue occurs. If the same issue does not occur on the stock screen then we know it is an issue with your custom screen configuration. You can then replicate the actions from the stock screen and apply them to your custom screen. to resolve the issue.

I hope this helps. Let me know!

Noel

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)