Method Community

Show Message action options

Last post 10-17-2014 3:39 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2014 2:54 PM

Show Message action options

I see when using the "Show Message" action, the following options are available:

• No Decision.
    • Provide Yes / No option to the user? ("No" will mean no further actions get processed).
    • Provide Yes / No option to the user? ("Ok" assigns True, “Cancel” assigns False). Assign result name which can be used in subsequent actions

Is there a difference between the last 2 options – other than the words “Yes/No” being used instead of “OK/Cancel”? Do they behave the same way? Are actions stopped by selecting “Cancel” in the 3rd option? It’s not explicitly stated. It appears that the 3rd option is for inserting a "True/False" value into an action result, and any subsequent actions are processed regardless.

Thanks

• 10-17-2014 3:39 PM In reply to

Re: Show Message action options

Hello MikeB,

Here's my answer. Show Message will give you a pop-up with Yes - No or Ok - Cancel. With option 2, i.e. Yes/No, it's basically provide you option with Yes or No. If you click NO, no further actions get processed. But on the 3rd option Ok/Cancel, you can set an Action Result that you can use with a Start Condition Statement.  Say, for example if the user clicked 'OK', you store the value (which is 'true') and have the Start Condition Statement check the value and run actions if the Action Result is 'true'.  If they clicked 'Cancel', don't do anything.

I hope this helps!

-Inder.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)