Method Community

Major error in Method sync - Estimates being altered by $1,000's of dollars

Last post 04-28-2010 11:39 AM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2010 5:17 PM

Major error in Method sync - Estimates being altered by $1,000's of dollars

Val has been doing a customization job for us, and we have encountered a major error. When we make an inactive estimate active (our procecdure when a job schedules), it produces errors in the estimate. The most major is that a number of items have their mark-up column change from a percentage to number. In other words, a 20% mark-up becomes $20. The impact of this is significant. It means a $10,000 item that should be marked up to $12,0000 now is marked up to $10,020. Not cool.

Val has the screenshots and more detail, but this has put into question our entire use of Method. We are just starting to go back and are finding dozens of estimates that are corrupted, as well as jobs that may have been mis-priced.

Tal Atid
    Tulip Hardwood Floors
    tal@tulipfloors.com
  • 04-28-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

Re: Major error in Method sync - Estimates being altered by $1,000's of dollars

Answer

Tal,

Thank you for sending me your QuickBooks screenshots yesterday, and for your email describing your process of changing estimates in QuickBooks.   We are still unable to duplicate the behavior you described, however. Right now we are trying to figure out whether Method could somehow be the cause of this, or whether is a result of QuickBooks corruption, or some other independent factor.  Either way, we agree that implications of estimates not reflecting desired markups is serious, and as such we’ll make it a priority to work with you on this end to help you get to the bottom of it.

By what you are telling me, you create the estimate in QuickBooks, and you modify the estimate directly in QuickBooks.  In that scenario Method’s sync engine would only push data from QuickBooks to Method.  It does not attempt to modify the data in QuickBooks until that estimate has been modified in Method directly.

I will contact you today to see if we can get more information from you on this so that we can help you investigate the root cause of it.

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)