Method Community

UPS world ship work thru method like quickbooks

Last post 04-28-2010 3:47 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2010 2:14 PM

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

UPS world ship work thru method like quickbooks

I need to know if we can use UPS thru Method as we do in Quick books.

Setting up Shipping Manager for UPS

For QuickBooks:
    When you first access the QuickBooks Shipping Manager, and select UPS, you will be prompted to set up the service. A setup wizard will walk you through the following steps:

Step 1: Enter "Ship From" address information and UPS Account Number.
    Input this information only once, then Shipping Manager will store it for future uses. If you do not have a UPS account you can get one online at https://www.ups.com/myups/info/openacct or call 1-800-PICK-UPS.

Step 2: Accept the End User License Agreement.
    Read and choose "I Agree to terms and conditions" when the End User License Agreement comes up.

Step 3: Select Printer.
    Finally, you will be asked to select a default printer where your shipping labels will be printed.

Once setup is complete the Shipping Manager will be launched allowing you to create a shipment.

For POS:
    Step 1. Make sure Shipping Manager is enabled.
    Go to Edit: Preferences, and check "I want to record shipping addresses on sales receipts."

Go to Edit: Preferences: Company: Sales: Shipping, and check "Use QuickBooks Shipping Manager".

Then, make sure that the following preferences are selected:

Step 2. Go into Company Preferences.
    Check the "I want to record shipping addresses on sales receipts" box in the General Preferences.

Check the "Use QuickBooks Shipping Manager" box under the Sales>Shipping preferences.

Step 3. Follow the steps shown for QuickBooks above.

Creating shipping labels with Shipping Manager for UPS

The Shipping Manager allows you to create a UPS label.

Here's how it works:

Step 1: Select UPS services.
    The Shipping Manager allows you to select from UPS domestic services, including UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air® UPS 2nd Day Air®

Step 2: Enter shipment details.
    Fill in the shipping information requested.

Step 3: Check rates.
    Click on the 'Estimate Cost' link to request a rate quote before creating the label.

Step 4: Print the label.
    The label is created and sent to your printer (support for thermal label printers in QuickBooks 2007).

You can copy the UPS Tracking Number and shipping costs directly to the Invoice and Sales Receipt. For POS customers, the UPS Tracking Number and shipping costs will appear directly on the Sales Receipt.

The shipping information appears on the invoice where indicated.

Important disclaimers, disclosures and UPS Notes
    1 Shipping Manager requires at least QuickBooks Pro, Premier 2003 for Windows or Enterprise Solutions 2.0 or QuickBooks Point of Sale 7.0 Pro, Pro Multi-Store or higher. UPS, the UPS Shield Trademark and the Color Brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

UPS functionality available in QuickBooks 2005 and higher or QuickBooks Point of Sale 7.0 Pro, Pro Multi-Store or higher.

FAQs

General Information

Q: Which QuickBooks windows can I ship from?

A: Currently, you can ship directly from the Invoice and Sales Receipt windows in QuickBooks or the Sales Receipt or Sales Order windows in POS. If you ship from these windows, the customer's Ship To information will automatically be pre-filled in the Shipping Manager.

If you are not on the Invoice or Sales Receipt screen but wish to ship, you can do this by clicking File, then selecting Shipping (POS users, make sure Shipping Manager is enabled, then click the Point of Sale menu, then select QuickBooks Shipping Manager). Contact information is not automatically pre-filled from here so this information will need to be entered manually. If you wish to ship from the Purchase Order window, you might consider purchasing the add-on from ShipRush.

QuickBooks Point of Sale only works with UPS.

Q: Can shipments be tracked through QuickBooks?

A: Yes, you can track packages shipped through QuickBooks. Simply go to the File menu, click on Shipping, and then click on FedEx Shipping Options or UPS Shipping Options (POS Users click the Point of Sale menu, then select QuickBooks Shipping Manager). From there select Track or Cancel a Shipment. Just highlight the line item and click the Track button.

Note: QuickBooks Point of Sale only works with UPS.

Q: Can I use a thermal printer?

A: Starting with QuickBooks 2007 and POS 7.0, the QuickBooks Shipping Manager supports thermal printers. The official thermal printer supported by QuickBooks is the Zebra Model 2844.

Q: Can I ship packages to International destinations?

A: No. QuickBooks currently only supports packages shipped within the U.S. To ship an international package, please use www.fedex.com or www.ups.com.

Q: Can I process multiple packages to the same location at the same time?

A: Yes. Starting in QuickBooks 2007 and POS 7.0, the QuickBooks Shipping Manager supports multi-package shipments. In the Package section of the Shipping Manager, click the 'Add' button to add multiple packages.

Q: Can shipments be completed in QuickBooks off-line and then uploaded when online?

A: No. You have to be online to complete a shipment. QuickBooks does not currently allow batch processing.

Q: How do I put the tracking number onto the Invoice or Sales Receipt form?

A: At the end of the shipping process within QuickBooks, you will have the option to automatically copy the tracking number and shipping charges to the form where the Shipping Manager was launched. Just check the box in the window that pops up after you click the Ship Now button. In other words, if you launch the Shipping Manager from the Invoice form then you can easily copy the tracking number and shipping charges to the Invoice itself.

For POS users, the UPS Tracking Number and shipping charges will automatically appear on the Sales Receipt window. Additionally, the estimated shipping charges will appear on the Sales Order window.

Q: I'm having trouble with QuickBooks Shipping Manager, where can I get technical support?

A: QuickBooks Shipping Manager is a service of QuickBooks, and is therefore supported by Intuit. You can get support by calling (888) 320-7276 or visiting http://www.quickbooks.com/support/.

To get questions answered about FedEx Discounts, see the Shipping Manager pricing information or call (888) 411-5174.

For questions about UPS shipments or pricing visit www.ups.com or call 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877).

Q: Can I bill my shipments freight collect or to a third party account?

A: Yes. starting in QuickBooks 2007 and POS 7.0, payment options for shipments are prepaid, freight collect or third party billing.

For UPS, in the payment section, select Freight Collect to bill the person or company to whom you are shipping (you will have to enter their account number). Select Third Party to bill an account that is neither shipping nor receiving the package. Be sure to enter the account number and the associated company name and address.

For FedEx, in the Payment section, select Freight Collect to bill the person or company to whom you are shipping. (You will have to enter their account number.) Select Third Party to bill an account that is neither shipping nor receiving the package.

Q: How do I print return shipping labels?

A: Starting in QuickBooks 2007 and POS 7.0, there are multiple options for delivering return shipping labels. First, click the orange arrow to the left of the From field. This will swap the From/To addresses allowing you to create a return label.

FedEx offers three different options for creating and delivering return shipping labels. Learn more about each of these options here.

UPS offers five different options for creating and delivering return shipping labels. Learn more about each of these options here.

Q: What maximum declared value I can state for packages that I am shipping?

A: With some exceptions, both FedEx and UPS allow up to $50,000 to be declared as the value of a package being shipped. Please see the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.com for details.

UPS shipments with declared value over $1000 require a High Value Report.

Two copies of the High Value Report will print from QuickBooks Shipping Manager and must be signed by UPS when the shipment is tendered to UPS. One copy is for UPS and one copy is for your records and will be required if there is a need to file a claim.

Q: Can I use an electronic scale to input the weight into the shipping form?

A: Yes, starting in QuickBooks 2007 and POS 7.0 electronic scales are supported. The officially supported scale is the Mettler Toledo PS60 (connection via USB). In the Shipping Manager, select Settings. In Settings, select Scales. Check the flag to Use Electronic Scale. Now, an icon will appear next to the weight field in the Shipping form. Connect the scale, weigh the package to be shipped, and click the scale icon to import the weight data in the weight field on the Shipping Form.

Q: How much shipping history information is available? How do I find it?

A: You have unlimited access to your shipping history information. When you are in the Shipping Manager, click the View button. This will display all previous shipments.

Q: How do I get an estimate for the shipping costs?

A: In QuickBooks: In the Shipping Manager, click the Estimate Cost link. An estimated shipping cost will be displayed based on the package destination, shipping options, weight, and selected service. You can also click on the List All Services link. A window will be launched displaying the different costs for all shipping services provided by that particular carrier.

In POS: Make sure you have the Shipping Manager feature turned on. Then select crate Shipping Charges enter the Carrier

UPS Specific Questions

Q: Can I still use my existing UPS account?

A: Yes. When you register to use UPS through QuickBooks just provide your existing UPS account number.

Q: Do I receive a discount on shipping fees if I use UPS through QuickBooks?

A: If you have a UPS discount, the discount will not be affected by the QuickBooks integration. If you have special pricing with UPS, provide your account number during UPS registration through QuickBooks and your discount will continue to be applied to your UPS invoice. While UPS published rates are displayed in the QuickBooks Shipping Manager (Ship Now and Rate Quote), you will still receive your discount on your UPS invoice.

Q: What are the Terms and Conditions?

A:To use UPS OnLine® Tools through QuickBooks, you must have a UPS account and agree to the Terms and Conditions presented during UPS registration. .

Q: How do I set up a UPS account?

A: There's no cost to open an account and you can do it online or by phone. Go to https://www.ups.com/myups/info/openacct or call 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877).

Q: Does QuickBooks Shipping Manager show UPS discounted rates or list rates?

A: QuickBooks Shipping Manager shows the UPS list rate. If you have UPS discounts, the discounted rate will be reflected on your UPS invoice.

Q: What UPS Account Type do I choose in QuickBooks Shipping Manger Settings?

A: The Account Type setting determines the UPS rate chart used to calculate rates for the Rate Quote option on the UPS Shipping Form. Go to the File Menu in the QuickBooks Software and select Shipping. Select UPS Shipping Options and then select Settings (For POS users, click on the Point of Sale menu and select QuickBooks Shipping Manager). In Settings, Choose "Daily Pick Up" Account if you have a UPS driver stopping at your establishment daily and/or you pay a UPS weekly service charge. Choose "On Demand/Occasional " Account if you have a UPS account and you drop off your packages or schedule occasional pick-ups.

Q: Why are UPS rates different when using Ship Now and Rate Quote?

A: The rates displayed during Ship Now and Rate Quote or Estimate Cost should be the same. The shipping fees provided during "Ship Now" are the published rates for your UPS account. The shipping fees provided during "Rate Quote" or "Estimate Cost" are based upon the setting you choose in "Settings". In order to calculate correct rate quotes, be sure that you have selected the right account type in Settings.

In Settings, choose "Daily Pick-up" if you are an occasional UPS customer that pays Daily Rates, have a UPS driver stopping at your establishment daily, and/or if you pay a UPS weekly service charge. Choose "Occasional/On Demand" if you have a UPS account, do not pay Daily Rates, and you drop off your packages or schedule occasional pick-ups.

Q: How do I enable UPS Address Validation?

A: UPS will confirm that the City, State, and Zip Code are valid prior to shipping. To enable (or disable) address validation, go to Settings, then Shipment Defaults, and check (or uncheck) the box to select Validate all USA addresses prior to shipment processing.

NOTICE: UPS assumes no liability for the information provided by the address validation functionality. The address validation functionality does not support the identification or verification of occupants at an address. Please note that UPS may charge additional fees for invalid delivery addresses.

Q: Can I set shipment defaults for my UPS shipping characteristics (e.g., weight, dimensions, etc.)?

A: Yes, go to Settings and select Shipment Defaults. Provide your preferences here. The Shipping Form will then default to meet your most frequent shipping characteristics.

Q: When using UPS through QuickBooks, do I need to run an End-of-Day Report or Summary Barcode?

A: No, you do not need an End of Day Report or Summary Barcode for the UPS driver to sign when using UPS OnLine® Tools integrated in QuickBooks.

Each package label has a small package symbol printed near the bottom on the right side. This symbol indicates that each package is prepaid, which indicates to the UPS driver that no additional documentation is needed in order to accept the package. The UPS service provider merely scans the label on the package.

Q: Can I print my UPS shipping label a few days in advance of actually shipping the package?

A: Yes, you can print a label in advance. If a label is not used, it can be voided in QuickBooks up to 28 days after generating the shipment.

Q: How do I void a UPS package that was never shipped?

A: Within 28 days of creating the shipment, you can void the package within QuickBooks. From the File menu, select Shipping, then select UPS Shipping Options, then select Track or Cancel a Shipment. Select the shipment you want to void, and click the Delete button. If beyond 28 days, but within 180 days, contact UPS.

• 04-28-2010 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: UPS world ship work thru method like quickbooks

Answer

Hey Naomi,

Currently we do not have any kind of integration with UPS. This may be something we add to Method in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)