Method Community

Emailing estimates not working?

Last post 11-28-2014 11:18 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2014 2:35 PM

Emailing estimates not working?

When I use the Email button on an estimate it sends an email without the estimate.  The email only has a signature.  Also the button doesn't give any oportunity for a message or customization.

• 11-27-2014 12:20 PM In reply to

Re: Emailing estimates not working?

Answer

Hi Grif,

I tested this on my account and the email that is sent includes a link to the customer’s guest page. When I originally tried to send the email, I received an error that I needed to make the ‘Guest - View Estimate’ screen public by navigating to Manage Apps -> Estimates -> Edit App -> Guest - View Estimate -> Security and de-selecting Prevent from being shared with guests.

Once I did this, the email was sent successfully. Is there no link in the email that you are sending?

You can check to see if your email template includes the link from the Email Templates app. The link will be displayed as 'http://urlforportal/' in the template.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 11-28-2014 10:46 AM In reply to

I follwed directions & email again and I got this below snapshot which is the same as before.

• 11-28-2014 11:18 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Grif,

It appears that you may have set a different email template to be used when sending an estimate notification. Unfortunately, at this time I don’t see an option to change this in Method:New, so you will need to login to your account in classic in order to fix this. Once you are logged in, navigate to a transaction screen (e.g. Customers -> Estimates), select the More Actions… button and select Choose email template. If you have a custom template set for your Estimate Notification, simply clear the field and click Save & Close. This will set the template back to the default one. Once you have done this, the estimate notification email should now contain the link to portal URL.

Let me know if this works.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)