Method Community

Work Order

Last post 01-02-2015 3:37 PM by Marcelo11756. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2014 5:01 PM

Work Order

Can I create a work order that will increase my expense account but not my revenue account.

I want to schelude work orders for in house mechanic work, and register the labor and parts in my expense account, but without increasing my revenue account. How can I do this?

• 12-29-2014 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Work Order

Hi Marcelo,

Add a cost field to the ActivityJobItem table and add it to the grid in your work order screen. 

It also depends on A) how you set up your mechanic in Quickbooks for example: employee or vendor?; B) how you handle this type of scenario in Quickbooks: Vendor Bill?

Marwan

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-31-2014 1:21 PM In reply to

I tried that and did't work for me.

I added the cost field to the job items line, enter $100 for this, $0 for the rate, completed the work order and invoiced it, when I go to QB I see the invoice with $0 balance but I dont see the $100 cost reflected in any accounts.

What am I doing wrong?

• 01-02-2015 11:05 AM In reply to

Answer

How do you usually handle this situation when you are in Quickbooks? (Expense? Bill? etc.). Depending on how you would do it in Quickbooks, you're going to have to mimic that in Method using customization. The reason the cost field added did not work is because it is a custom field and it doesn't sync with Quickbooks. I should have been more clear and told you that you must assign actions to that field so that when you do enter a value into that filed and invoice, it will insert that value into whichever expense table you use in Quickbooks (for example; you insert the information on your screen into the Bill table; the Bill table does connect to Quickbooks). I hope that is more clear.

Marwan

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-02-2015 3:37 PM In reply to

We do not handle this in QB, I am looking for a way to handle it in method field service.

We schelude work orders for our customers (lawn mowing, chemical applications, plantings, etc) so we want to do something similar to our equipmet (oil changes, brakes, tune ups, etc) we just dont want the in house mechanic work affect the income account, only the expense account and we want to be able to schelude recurring work orders 

Just don't see how, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marcelo

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)