Method Community

Bug Go To Screen Action

Last post 05-13-2010 9:57 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2010 10:30 AM

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Bug Go To Screen Action

I am trying to customize the "Go to" button on the activities section of the customer list screen (it is a customized CustomerList screen if that matters, but it shouldn't) to open the correct screen based on the type of activity that is selected. So if for example the activity that I select is a work order, it would open the work order screen as opposed to the default Activity screen.

What I did was create a screen called "ActivityByType" and changed the "Go to" link on the activities grid to open that screen in a popup.

In the OnScreenLoad actions for the ActivityByType screen I have entered the conditional statements. Using the example above, the actions are: 1. Start Conditional Statement: If activityType equals "Work Order" 2. Go To Screen: Work Order 3. Stop processing more actions 4. End Conditional statement

In doing so I am encountering 2 problems which appear to be bugs:

1. In the Go To Screen action I selected the option for "Has the same active recordID" After saving and closing the action, I edit the action and the dropdown reset itself to "Has no relationship" I also tried using "Has a specified Active Record ID" with the Record ID coming from an action result and that also resets itself to "Has no relationship" when I go back to edit it. What do I need to do to get that filter to save?

2. When I click the Go To link in the activities grid to test it out I get the error "Could not run the 'Go To Screen' action, because it is not the last action in the list of actions to be performed. No actions can process after the Go To Screen action. Please ask your designer to modify this Screen and remove any additional actions after Go To Screen 'ActivityEstimate'." 

I understand that the Go To Screen needs to be the last action processed, but in this particular case it can not be the last action in the list since I need to End the conditional statement. Does the "Stop Processing More Actions" action right after the Go To Screen action not make it the last action in the list to be performed?

Please let me know if these are in fact bugs or if I am doing something incorrectly.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 05-13-2010 9:57 AM In reply to

Re: Bug Go To Screen Action

Hey Matt,

I just wanted to update you on this, I sent tickets over to the development team to look into this. I was able to reproduce both of your scenario’s.

I will post an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)