Method Community

Connecting to an Intuit Developer sandbox

Last post 01-26-2015 11:19 AM by Method_Chris. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2015 10:33 AM

Connecting to an Intuit Developer sandbox

Hello all,

I am new at developing using the Method API, and want to do so using an Intuit Developer sandbox as my QuickBooks data source.  Has anyone done this, and if so, can you share any information on how to do so?  The Method:CRM signup process brings me to my Intuit account, but there is no apparent next step to take.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Kevin

• 01-26-2015 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting to an Intuit Developer sandbox

Hi. I don't think what you are asking is possible for a couple of reasons:

1. Sandboxes are for developers to test their apps with. In other words, you have to sign up for a developer account with Intuit and start your own Intuit developer app
    2. For you to use your sandbox account with Method you would have to use Method's developer account. 
    I may be wrong about the above so if you do find any other information please update this post. 

Thanks
    Chris 
  • 01-26-2015 11:06 AM In reply to

Thank you for the reply Chris.  Regarding #2, is access to Method's developer account available?  I would be surprised if so.  

If anyone else has any suggestions for developing against Method without purchasing QuickBooks, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, -Kevin

• 01-26-2015 11:19 AM In reply to

Hi Kevin. No, access to Method's developer account is internal only. 

If you don't want to create a new QuickBooks Online account or don't have a Quickbooks Desktop you could sign up for Method and click "I use QuickBooks Desktop"

You can still use all of Method's APIs. 

Another option is take advantage of QuickBooks Onlines's 30 day trials. You won't have to pay for QBO and can use Method's Trial at the same time. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)