Method Community

Where's the option to disable Quickbooks assigning RefNumbers to synched forms?

Last post 02-06-2012 3:52 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 2:38 PM

Where's the option to disable Quickbooks assigning RefNumbers to synched forms?

I know it's an option because I've seen it before, but now that I need it I can't find it anywhere!

I'm referring to the option that controls whether Quickbooks or Method will assign RefNumber values to new forms (eg Invoices, POs) that are being synched from Method to QB.

By default QB numbers Invoices incrementally based on the last saved Invoice #, but I'm using special rules in Method to number my Invoice, and don't want those values to be overwritten by QB's autonumbering system when it comes time to synchronize.

• 02-06-2012 3:49 PM In reply to

Re: Where's the option to disable Quickbooks assigning RefNumbers to synched forms?

Answer

Hi smohyee, 

If you go to QuickBooks > Synchronize and put a checkmark in the checkbox for "Apply numbering to invoices, credit memos, sales orders, sales receipts, purchase orders and estimates created in Method. If this is unchecked, Method will wait for QuickBooks to assign numbers", that will ensure that you can place the RefNumber values on transaction forms that will allow you to continue to successfully implement your special numbering rules for your business transactions. 

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-06-2012 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Where's the option to disable Quickbooks assigning RefNumbers to synched forms?

Hi smohyee,

I just wanted to add that ths checkmark is placed beside the label Assign Ref Numbers in Method? within the screen under the "Synchronize" tab link. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)