Method Community

Process Flow

Last post 05-27-2010 2:07 PM by Method_Valbon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2010 10:08 AM

Process Flow

Sometimes someone creates a record (a work order, an invoice, a timesheet, whatever) and it needs to be approved by one or more people before it should go into QuickBooks.

One way I could imagine doing this would be to just create a new table, like "Unapproved Timesheets".  Manage the data in there until it gets all the approvals, and then use actions to move the record into the Timesheets table. This sounds managable but a little awkward.

Is there any way to add new fields to an existing QuickBooks table like Timesheets (new fields would manage the approvals) and then prevent the sync engine from pulling the records into Method  until the approvals happen?

Or is there some other way of addressing process flow? I searched the forum for process flow, process managment, and approvals but did not get any joy.

Thanks!

• 05-27-2010 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Process Flow

Hi,

We couldn’t agree with you more about the importance of an approval process. I’m going to suggest you read one of our previous blog entries Who wouldn’t want “real time” syncing? The feature that you are asking for already exists!Cool

After reading this blog you’d understand why creating a new table is not the recommended approach if you can control which transactions are sent to QB by taking advantage of the IsWaitingForSyncApproval field.

Please let us know if you need more guidance. 

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)