Method Community

Can't use API Create AccountV3 (not get Developer and Developer GUID)

Last post 04-02-2015 12:24 PM by Method_Jonathan. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2014 4:14 AM

Can't use API Create AccountV3 (not get Developer and Developer GUID)

Hi

I have account in methordCRM, and want create customer via API

I use here https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?op=MethodAPICreateMethodAccountV3

But a can't register account developer like document use guide

(Q. I'm a developer, how do I get a "developer account"?
    There are currently no “developer” accounts of Method. Simply sign up for Method like a regular user at: https://www.methodintegration.com/web/signup.aspx)

Please help get " Developer and Developer GUID"

Thanks

• 12-07-2014 9:12 PM In reply to

Re: Can't use API Create AccountV3 (not get Developer and Developer GUID)

Any help.........

Thanks

• 12-19-2014 3:55 PM In reply to

HI. Sorry for the delayed response. 

I need a bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to create a customer or another user or another method account? 

Feel free to PM if you need to. 

Thanks
    Chris 

• 12-19-2014 5:24 PM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

Thanks Chris for your response and we really appreciate your help since we're behind by quite a bit on this project already.

Currently we're trying to nurture our customers through the sales process via our company website. We want to create "leads" based on a user's profile details in our Joomla site (who are not already recognized as customers in Method). No problem here.

Once the lead has paid, we want to convert the lead to a customer which is why knigherrant is asking how to create a customer via API. I think the correct question is how to convert lead to customer via API.

For the payment process, we would like to be able to send Method invoices via a trigger from our website (call it a "buy now" button).

Knigherrant also asked, how do we find our "strDeveloper and strDeveloperGUID" for the API integration piece? (please reference lines for StrDeveloper here: https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?op=MethodAPICreateMethodAccountV3 )

Thank you again for your help!

• 12-22-2014 2:10 PM In reply to

Are you able to modify the "IsLeadStatusOnly" to false ? 

• 12-22-2014 2:12 PM In reply to

Regarding: 

"Knigherrant also asked, how do we find our "strDeveloper and strDeveloperGUID" for the API integration piece? (please reference lines for StrDeveloper here: https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx?op=MethodAPICreateMethodAccountV3 )" 

Are you trying to sign up new customers to method? 

• 12-22-2014 7:22 PM In reply to

Hi Chris,

Yes i want to do it via API.

also we want modify the "IsLeadStatusOnly" via API.

but methord it need "strDeveloper and strDeveloperGUID" i can't find it

Please help

Thanks

• 12-23-2014 2:18 PM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

I believe knigherrant is having trouble with authenticating for use with API. Is the best practice to have a separate account for the website?

• 12-24-2014 1:04 PM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

I know it's the holidays but we're coming up on a month without any answers. Is there another support line that we can use for API development support? We're getting anxious. Confused

• 12-29-2014 5:23 AM In reply to

No, you don't need another account. Same account as for the website. 

Are you part of the Method Partner Program? 

Thanks
    Chris 

• 12-30-2014 11:00 AM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

Hi Chris,

We're not part of the partner program and to be honest we were not planning to join it, at least not as individuals. For my full-time I work for a software company which builds cloud based software for enterprise/corporate sales and that may be an option in the future but for now, this is a 1 time project that we're doing just to help a personal friend who owns a non-profit. Consider it a "feeler" or relationship test for future business.

Do we need to join the partner program in order to get answers? These seem like pretty basic questions, I'm confused as to why it's been over a month without any answers or direction to help us find our own answers. It seems like MethodCRM doesn't like us? :(

• 12-30-2014 11:28 AM In reply to

Hi. 

I sincerly apologize for this delay in replying to you and I can assure you we love all our customers equally :) You don't need to join the program for answers. 

I'm going to dig into this issue further and get you up and running as soon we possibly can. 

Thanks
    Chris 

• 12-30-2014 11:33 AM In reply to

Okay, so to convert a lead to a customer you should only need to call 'MethodAPIUpdateV2' and pass in the necessary details. 

Have you seen: https://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodAPIv2_0_Documentation.pdf  ? 

Look for 'MethodAPIUpdateV2' . There is no required parameter for developer GUID. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks
    Chris 

• 12-30-2014 12:00 PM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

That helps with that question. Thanks Chris!

Could you point me in the direction of where we would find the API authentication (developer ID) and keys for our account?

Thanks again! Happy New Year!

• 12-30-2014 12:11 PM In reply to

You should just able to use your regular username and password. Please see the code examples here: https://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodAPIv2_0_Documentation.pdf

Happy New Year to you as well!

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >