Method Community

Invoice Calculations

Last post 04-03-2015 8:40 AM by Gerald W. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2015 12:13 PM

Invoice Calculations

I am trying to figure out how to use report designer to customize an invoice line.  I have successfully added a 'Liters' column throughout the system and have that column showing up on the invoice but I need to create a column per line item that has the 'Total 'Liters' for that line item.  So if my product is .5 liters and someone orders 5 of that item I need that line item on the invoice to show 2.5 Liters.  I also need to total the liters at the bottom but I have figured that part out just can't figure out how to multiply the quantity times my 'Liters' field.

I do not really need this to be ons screen just on the printed invoice.

• 04-02-2015 4:39 PM In reply to

Re: Invoice Calculations

Answer

Hi Gerald,

There’s a couple of ways you can go about doing this. If you want to be able to see the total liters on the Method screen as well as the print report, you will need to add another custom field to the InvoiceLineItems table to store the value in. You can add actions on the InvoiceLineItems grid to calculate and fill in this field automatically. You can then add this field to your print report.

If you just want this field to be displayed on the print report, you can add a calculated field to your print template. You can do this by following the steps below:

1) Locate InvoiceLine.Invoice in the Field List

2) Right click and select Add Calculated Field

3) Right click the newly calculated field and select Edit Calculated Fields…

4) Select your new calculated field and give it a name

5) Select the ellipsis button in the expression field to build your expression to calculate the field value

6) Once you have finished building your calculated field drag it onto your report

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-03-2015 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Invoice Calculations

Thank you, after following your steps it is working great, I had found the Calculated Field but it was not working because I did not put it under the InvoiceLine.Invoice field.  Everything is working great now. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)