Method Community

Shared Sales Rep Filter

Last post 04-19-2015 11:11 PM by Jonathan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2015 4:55 AM

Shared Sales Rep Filter

Hi Method,

I'm in the middle of creating the screen for managers where they could see the customer's of their subordinates. But still failing in showing those accounts, can anyone help? These are the steps that I took,

1. set the user to be able to see other's record in Users

2. Set filter to Shared users - listed by sales rep record ID

I suppose it shows account with Sales Rep Record ID that is shared. But its not working. Does anyone has the same problem?

**I realized that SalesRep's filter should use the SalesRep.Initial because it is listed in the customer's details. But I couldn't see any value using SalesRep.Initial.

Please advise.

• 04-15-2015 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Shared Sales Rep Filter

Answer

Hi Jonathan,

I think you’re best off using the built in shared records feature in Method for this. In your user setup on step 6, you can define what users have access to other user’s records.

The stock screens have built in filters that only display records that a user has access to based on these permissions. If you are customizing a copy of the stock screen, you do not need to add anything, as these filters are already there. They are usually indicated with the keyword “shared” (e.g. “Shared Active Customer Contacts”).

If you are building a screen from scratch, take a look at the Shared Active Customer Contacts filter on the CRM_CustomerList screen. You should be able to copy the values from this filter to achieve your desired result.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-19-2015 11:11 PM In reply to

Re: Shared Sales Rep Filter

Hi Audisho,

Its solved, I took the list from List Builder and its lot faster :)

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)