Method Community

Send email by Action

Last post 04-21-2015 8:26 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2015 12:51 PM

Send email by Action

Hi Method,

When I send email by Action, does this email is sent out immediately? Or are they queues somewhere?

Last Friday, me and my client are testing email for a new system, once the email button is click, email action is done correctly. But we wait for two hours to see emails. At the beginning, I thought that the system got bugs, so we trace the action and found that it is correct. I also did a simple test to send a quick email by action, still the same, no email received in target mailbox.

Then, I changed email server (we tried google, office365, godaddy, arvixe) to see if that is anything about email server isue, however, they are all the same, no email received. Then around two hours later, I got bunch of emails in those account (since we send a lots for test.) I also enter our email administrator consolde, there is no email queue during that time frame. 

Before last Friday, in my own developing test, I almost can receive emails in 2-5 minutes.

Is this kind of long waiting time normal? Thanks.

---

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 04-20-2015 1:04 PM In reply to

Re: Send email by Action

Answer

Hi Alex,

When you send an email from your Method account, it is first sent to the Method email queue. The Method email queue processes each email and sends it out via the specified email server on your account. If you have not specified an email server, then it is sent via Method’s email server.

We had some issues with outgoing emails last week. I believe that one of our servers ran into some errors sending out emails. These errors caused a much longer than normal delay from the time an email was sent from Method and the time that is was received by the recipient.

I believe that this should no longer be an issue. Please try again and post back here if you are still noticing a long delay.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-20-2015 4:59 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Today, it is the same. I just did a quick test, and haven't received email after 1 hour. 

One of my client even received an error from Method today:

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send. Method has tried to send this email via your specified mail server a total of 5 times, approximately 5 minutes apart, before giving up.

Mail Server

smtp.office365.com

Response from Mail Server

Failure sending mail.
    The operation has timed out.

This email account once works but failed today. I tried to check office365 administrator console but found no trace that any mail flow from method. 

---

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 04-21-2015 8:26 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

We actually don’t support Microsoft Exchange / Office 365. A user of ours was able to get their Method account to work with MS Exchange and we have posted the directions they used in solution No. 394 in our Help Center. While you may be able to get this working as well, we cannot guarantee consistent functionality.

I recommend using an alternate mail server if you have this option. Additionally, you can give our support line a call at 1.888.925.6238 x2 and we can look into it further. We can do our best to troubleshoot the issue, but again will not be able to guarantee functionality through Office 365.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)