Method Community

Importing Leads with sales rep and customer type assigned

Last post 04-24-2015 8:43 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2015 5:51 PM

• Wayne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2015
    • Posts 5

Importing Leads with sales rep and customer type assigned

I am working on my first import file and would like to import the data with the sales rep in one of the import fields. I found the SalesRep field and noticed that right next to iit in the list are two likely related fields, SalesRep_RecordID and SalesRepRecordID. Method is integrated and syncing with our Quickbooks Desktop database. Can I enter the Sales Rep Initials being used in Quickbooks and import the file or do I need to also include the other two fields with the corresponding data in the import file?

The same question applies to the CustomerType field, which has a corresponding record id associated with it too.

Is there a document or some other source that offers more detailed information about importing that might answer some of these questions and provide detailed information on each field, etc?

• 04-24-2015 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: Importing Leads with sales rep and customer type assigned

Answer

Hi Wayne,

Each table in Method contains the RecordID field. This is a required unique field for which the value is generated by Method. The reason this field exists is to differentiate a record from other similar records if for some reason the table does not contain another unique field.

When a dropdown field is added to a table, the RecordID field from the dropdown’s table is linked as well, in order to retain a unique identifier. Since this is a linked field, entering a value into it is not necessary. The SalesRep_RecordID value will be inserted automatically based on the value that you enter into the SalesRep field. That is, you do not need to import a value for the SalesRep_RecordID field. The same applies to the CustomerType & CustomerType_RecordID fields.

We do have some documentation on using the Import / Export tool in solution No. 189 of our Help Center. We also have a couple of blog posts that detail importing customers and contacts. These should give you an idea of how the import process works and provide you with a basic understanding of table relationships. You can find these here and here.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)