Method Community

Will Method sync back lost data

Last post 06-11-2015 2:16 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2015 12:05 PM

Will Method sync back lost data

Hi, we have had a hardware failure that has resulted in our QB file losing a couple of days worth of data. and we are in the process of restoring this now. Method however was synced to the latest data including the lost days. When we re-connect Method to QB and sync will Method push the lost data back into QB? Do we have to set the sync prefences differently for the intial sync?

• 06-11-2015 1:40 PM In reply to

Re: Will Method sync back lost data

Answer

Hi Mark,

Once you complete restoring your lost data to your QuickBooks (QB) file and sync with Method, the data that was lost in Method due to synching with the “bad” QB file will be restored in Method. Method will not remove your restored data from QB upon sync, as the request to remove this data originally came from QB. As a safety precaution, I recommend that you backup your QB file before doing this anyway, just in case.

When you synced with the “bad” file, it would have likely created several DeleteFromDesktop conflicts due to Method being unable to locate the data in QB. These may be resolved once you sync with the restored file, depending on how you restore the data. If the conflicts are not resolved, just verify that you are able to locate the missing data in Method and they should be safe to delete.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-11-2015 2:06 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho, thanks for your response but I think I have not expalined properly. Method was synced to latest QB data but then the QB file was lost in a hardware failure and the last good QB backup is two days older.

I am in the process of restoring this older backup to my PC but have not synced with Method yet. As Method was synced to the file before the failure, it has all the data including these two missing days. When I sync to the older QB file, will Method push this missing data back into the old QB file meaning my missing data is restored back to QB?

• 06-11-2015 2:16 PM In reply to

Hi Mark,

My apologies for the mix-up. No, Method will not automatically push this data back into your QB file. In-fact, all of the missing records will be archived in Method, as Method will not be able to locate them in QB and a DeleteFromDesktop conflict will be created for each. You do have some options here so I’m going to create a case for you. One of our support representatives will reach out to discuss this with you.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)