Method Community

Quickbooks Backup & Restore

Last post 05-07-2015 12:41 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2015 12:28 PM

Quickbooks Backup & Restore

Currently we have Method integrated with a single user version of Quickbooks Premiere.  Our accountant needs to enter previous year's data - she would like to back up the company on the machine that is integrated with Method, load that company on her machine, update the data, then restore it to the Method integrated machine.  Does company backup/restore in Quickbooks adversely affect the Method integration?  If necessary we can keep users from making any changes in Method until the restore is complete.

Thanks as always for your help,

Mike

• 05-07-2015 12:41 PM In reply to

Re: Quickbooks Backup & Restore

Answer

Hi Mike,

I believe your accountant would create an accountant’s copy for this purpose. This will lock all transactions prior to the closing date set when the accountant’s copy is created. You can continue to use both Method and QuickBooks (QB) during this time, but if you attempt to modify any of these transactions in Method, a conflict will be created. You should be able to resolve these conflicts (if any) once you receive and re-integrate the accountant’s copy back into your QB company file.

Other than the potential for conflicts, this will not cause any issues.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)