Method Community

Report Designer Page Break

Last post 05-15-2015 4:17 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2015 11:22 AM

• HMoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2015
    • Posts 2

Report Designer Page Break

I am a fairly new user to Method and have an Estimate built on Report Designer that is almost perfect.  But now I am tasked with creating a second page with about three paragraphs of contract information.

My problem is that I don't know where to put the page break!  I am not too familiar with the bands, but my Estimate includes the following:

- Group Header1

- Group Header2

- Detail

- Detail Report

+ Detail1

+ Detail report1

- Group Footer2

- Group Footer1

- Page Footer

I don't need anything but the extra wording on the second page!

Thank you.

• 05-15-2015 12:39 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer Page Break

Hi HMoore,

You can set a page break before or after any of your bands. Just select the band and locate the Page Break option under Behaviour in the Properties Grid in the lower right hand side. Based on the page setup you mentioned, I believe your best option would be to insert another group footer directly above your page footer and include the contract information here. Set the page break on this footer to Before Band and you should be good to go.

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to post back if you have any follow up questions.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-15-2015 3:53 PM In reply to

• HMoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2015
    • Posts 2

I did what you suggested, and now for each record I have the existing Estimate, then a 'blank' page with only the header and footer.  On the very last page after ALL of the records is one page with the paragraphs!

Help would be appreciated.

• 05-15-2015 4:17 PM In reply to

Hi HMoore,

Try playing around with your band and field sizes. If any of the data is close to the edge of the page or actually runs past the edge, this can cause a blank page to be generated.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)