Method Community

Adding Additional Fields to Leads & Connecting to a Web-to-Lead Form

Last post 06-08-2015 11:45 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2015 4:57 PM

Adding Additional Fields to Leads & Connecting to a Web-to-Lead Form

I work for a company that offers online safety training to individuals and companies worldwide. We have a lot of individual students and are looking to grow the B2B side of our business. As a part of this, we are launching a referral program, where our individual students can refer their employers to help make their workplaces a safer place.

The information we want sent to us via a Method web-to-lead form includes:

• Student Name
    • Student # (this is a 6-digit number we primarily use for our records and to easily pull up their account)
    • Student Email
    • Employer Contact Name
    • Employer Phone
    • Employer Email
    • Preferred Reward (this needs to be a drop-down menu that gives them two different options)

Currently, I cannot make a Method web-to-lead form that includes all of this information and can only have one set of contact info included on the form. I want the employer's contact name, phone and email to be the information that is added into Method as a lead, but I still want the form to include the student's name, number, email and preferred reward, so that it can be linked to the lead and we can know who to apply the reward to.

How do I create a web-to-lead form with these specific fields? Additionally, how do I create additional fields within the create lead form to ensure the form transfers all of the information I need into a new lead?

I currently have "Student Referral" listed as a Lead Source, but ideally I imagine additional fields (student name, number, email and preferred reward) popping up if this is selected or if a referral form is submitted. How can this be done and/or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you for your help!

• 06-08-2015 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: Adding Additional Fields to Leads & Connecting to a Web-to-Lead Form

Answer

Hi Shanari,

The easiest method for accomplishing this would be to add a dropdown field to your Customer table that links to your students (probably your Customer table again). This is your referral field. You can then add linked fields to store the additional data that you need via the dropdown such as the student # and student email.

When you customize your web-to-lead form (using the Advanced option), you will need to add this dropdown field on Step 2 so that your students can select themselves.

You can also add any additional custom fields you like.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)