Method Community

invoice line problem

Last post 05-11-2015 10:00 AM by LaCrews. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2015 2:18 PM

invoice line problem

This is multi-tenant.

I'm inserting invoices through API.  API Insert Invoice and insert InvoiceLine(s) works fine.  Everything appears to be correct when viewed on method screen.

When QuickBooks trys to sync it returns a conflict.  Something to the effect that the SalesTaxCode LiistID doen't exist.  My guess is that the InvoiceLine field SalesTaxCode is getting populated with an equivalent string value both is actually a record associated to another tenant.   Note: I tried to specify a value to the InvoiceLine field SalesTaxCode_RecordID but i get an error that that field doesn't support edit.

When we reselect the dropdown value from within method and resave the conflict goes away.

How do I debug this?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-07-2015 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: invoice line problem

Hi LaCrews,

Your assumption is correct.  We have experienced this when using the Insert Record Into Table action on the front end.  To overcome this on the front end, you can insert a RecordID into the field name of a drop down as long as the value is stored within an Action Result.  

As Mentioned in the previous post I just followed up on of yours - You can try inserting the RecordID into the SalesTaxCode field itself via the API.  I will need to validate that this is possible and get back to you - though if you try it yourself before I post back, please let me know if you have any success.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 05-07-2015 8:47 PM In reply to

Jonathan

I did try to insert the recordid as the value and i got an error message "51" is not a possible value.  "51" is the recordid.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.

What is Method?
  • 05-08-2015 7:42 AM In reply to

Sorry for the inconvenience here, Mark.  

I will create a ticket for our development team to investigate this issue and will keep you posted with any updates via this thread.  Unfortunately I do not have a work around for you at this point in time using the API.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 05-08-2015 9:12 AM In reply to

Thanks Jonathan,  Please keep me informed.  Client is anxious.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

What is Method?
  • 05-08-2015 11:23 AM In reply to

Mark -

Is the insert into the Invoice Line table cross tenancy ... Meaning, are you logging into the API using Tenant A, but inserting the record into Tenant B?

Or is it the case where you are logging into the API using Tenant A, inserting the record into Tenant A, but the record is being assigned a dropdown value that exists from Tenant B?

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 05-08-2015 12:32 PM In reply to

Cross tenant.

This service is intended to be used by all tenants therefore the credentials(user) has access to all tenants.  It maybe important to note that the purpose is to remove a long running process from method to a separate server running on a background thread.  This way the user isn't blocked and watching the spinning wheel. The largest tenant has yet to start using Method.  Based on benchmark from current tenants we expect the invoicing process to take in excess of 5 hours with Method actions.

If the answer is to use the session id of the currently logged in user, will the calls still work if user logs out but the process is still running.  

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

What is Method?
  • 05-08-2015 5:10 PM In reply to

Mark

The issue here is that the API does not support Cross Tenancy in the case where the same drop down value exists in multiple tenants.

When you are inserting into Tenant A, the API will utilize the drop down value from Tenant A.  

I will create a feature request for an update to this logic - but I do not expect to see this change to be implemented anytime soon.  The work around here is to make the duplicate value unique across tenants OR authenticate with the API using the Tenant for which a record is to be created. 

If a user logs out of Method, their SessionID will expire and therefore invalidate any additional calls.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 05-11-2015 10:00 AM In reply to

OK - I think i can re-write the service to receive the Method company as a parameter and therefore modify the credentials to match the tenant.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

What is Method?
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)