Method Community

Estimate Cost Currency

Last post 06-15-2015 10:16 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2015 5:50 AM

Estimate Cost Currency

Hi,

I've just recently started using Method, and have been tasked with looking after it for the company.

So, in Report Designer, I have a detail line with 'Estimate Description', 'Estimate Quantity', 'Unit of Measure', 'Estimate Rate', 'Estimate Calc Total Amount'.

It all displays properly, except for the 'Estimate Rate', which shows a dollar symbol in front of it, instead of GBP. Under the format string option, the currency is set to be GBP, and I can see it display in the 'Sample' box at the top. If I move the box to elsewhere within the report, e.g. to a group header, it displays the £ symbol. If I move the box to anywhere else in the report, it crashes Report Designer...

Any ideas?

• 06-15-2015 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: Estimate Cost Currency

Hi callumbowran,

Is your custom estimate print template a modification of the stock one? If so, there is a script on the label xrItemPrice used to calculate the cost. The script uses a format string with a ‘$’ that will overwrite the format string that you have set on the label. Simply replace the ‘$’ with a ‘£’ and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-15-2015 9:16 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Excellent, that's done the job. Thanks a lot.

Whilst I'm bathing in naivety, perhaps you can give me a couple of hints on a few other problems I'm having:

When I enter "LegalAddressState", the field comes up blank. It looks to me like it's trying to pull a string from 'dataSet1' - where exactly is 'dataSet1', so that I can check that the field it's trying to point to is populated?

Also, when we create estimates for customers in Method, they're coming up as commercial invoices in quick books - how can I stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for the babysitting - this is a tag on to my job, and I don't really have time to figure out how it all works, I just need it to work!

• 06-15-2015 10:16 AM In reply to

Hi callumbowran,

I think the field you’re looking for here is “BillAddressState”. In Method, you will always be pulling from “dataSet1”, but then you also need to be pointing to the field Estimate.BillAddressState. You can change this from the Data Binding dropdown of the label or you can simply drag this field onto your report from the Field List.

As for your estimates showing up as invoices in QB, the only thing I can come up with is that maybe the last estimate template you used in QB was a “Commercial Invoice”. If you change your estimate template in QB and create a dummy estimate, this will change the default that Method uses.

If this isn’t the case, I suggest you give our support number a call at 1-888-925-6238 x2. One of our support representatives will be able to investigate this with you.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)