Method Community

Method CRM Report

Last post 06-17-2015 5:01 PM by egrace. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2015 3:46 PM

• egrace
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2015
    • Posts 4

Method CRM Report

Hi I'm hoping this is a simple one....  I am a Method Classic user however not the Administrator.  The Administrator has not had the time or the inclination to create custom sales contact reports.

When I pull what I am sure is a stock report through Method Classic CRM I am getting different results than when I pull the same report through Method Report Designer.

The report is titled CRM_ContactsList.  

I have created multiple contacts for several of my customers through the CRM.  What I want is a report that nests a list of contacts under each customer.  When I pull this report through Method Report Designer it is exactly the same except it does not list all of the contacts- just the main one.

I need to make some small additions but this is the basic report that I need to start with.  Please help!

• 06-17-2015 4:23 PM In reply to

Re: Method CRM Report

Hi egrace,

When you use the Quick Report or Advanced options, these pull the CRM_CustomerContactList… reports. These reports will list the customer and primary contact information only. The report you’re looking at in Report Designer can be located in Method by selecting the Custom option and selecting the CRM_ContactList or CRM_ContactListV2 report from the dropdown. These reports will list the customer information and all related contacts as well, hopefully providing you with the information that you need.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-17-2015 4:42 PM In reply to

• egrace
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2015
    • Posts 4

Actually it is vice-versa.  I can see the report in Method under the Custom option.  What I want is to be able to get it with the Method Report Designer so that I can customize it further.  Logically that should not be a problem but in this case the report is different when I access it through Report Designer.

• 06-17-2015 4:54 PM In reply to

Hi egrace,

This may have to do with the number of customers and contacts that you have. Report Designer will only pull in the first 100 records of a table to generate the “preview”. Anything beyond this count will not be displayed in Report Designer, but will be displayed fine when you generate the report in Method. If you’re seeing a total of 100 customers / contacts, but missing all related contacts, then this is the reason. You’ll need to generate your report in Method for testing in this case.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-17-2015 5:01 PM In reply to

• egrace
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2015
    • Posts 4

Ahhh... So what you are saying is that I should open the report in Report Designer, make the additions I need, save with another name, then pull it in Method to test?  I will try that in the AM and let you know.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)