Method Community

"Closing" Sales Orders

Last post 07-01-2015 7:59 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2015 2:00 PM

"Closing" Sales Orders

Hello again, I am already back Big Smile

With the way that we ship out our orders, we are trying to establish a way for our shipping guy to "close" a sales order so that both he and the sales department know that the order has already been picked and packaged and can no longer be edited. I see that there is a "Closed" option at the bottom of the sales order screen which states  "Checking this option will mark this sales order as closed, which is what happens once it transitions into an invoice." If this box is checked, can the sales order still be converted into an invoice within quickbooks afterwards? Also, is there a way that only 1 user account is able to check this box, while other users can only view it?

Thank you,

Conner

• 06-30-2015 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: "Closing" Sales Orders

Hi Conner,

If you’re going to be converting a sales order to an invoice, do not use the “Closed” checkbox. This manually closes the sales order and prevents you from creating an invoice. You’ll want to use another method for marking an order as shipped, such as a custom field or selecting a shipping method from the “Via” dropdown.

The “Enable / Disable Field / Object” action can be used to enable or disable the editing of any field or object. To prevent certain users from making changes to a field, you can add actions to the OnScreenLoad event of the screen disabling (or enabling) the field for certain users or roles.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-30-2015 6:00 PM In reply to

I also saw that you could click the ellipses on the action stage when customizing a field, and choose which user roles have access to the field. I tried doing this but it seemed that even user roles that are unclicked were still able to use the check box. Is there a way to make this work? As it is much easier than having to edit the screen actions.

• 07-01-2015 7:59 AM In reply to

Hi Conner,

As stated by the note, this feature is not available.

Roles that can view (Note: although you can set the view permissions for this control, this is not yet fully functional, but will be available in a future release of method)

This was a feature we intended to release, but never quite made it out of development. At this time, we have ceased developing new features for Method Classic so I don’t expect this to ever be functional.

Sorry about that Tongue Tied

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)