Method Community

Accidentally Imported Data sheet as "customers/leads" instead of just "Leads"....

Last post 07-06-2015 10:49 AM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2015 10:29 AM

Accidentally Imported Data sheet as "customers/leads" instead of just "Leads"....

I mistakenly imported approximately 350 leads as customers and now they have synced with my quickbooks. I have found that I am unable to delete a customer but rather can only make them inactive. Is there a way to do this on a mass scale instead of going through one by one, and making each one inactive? If I do that, will have have issues re-uploading the data as leads if the customer name is already in Quickbooks?

Thank you.

• 07-06-2015 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Accidentally Imported Data sheet as "customers/leads" instead of just "Leads"....

Hey Tmatheny,

I believe you are using QuickBooks OnlineQuickBooks Online never completely deletes a customer from their records - they simply list them inactive. 

I would start by exporting your customer table inside Method. With your exported data update the FullName field for the ones that were supposed to be Leads with "inactive" beside the FullName then re-import (make sure you have Update existing records by matching the key fields checked{RecordID}) and sync with QBO.

The reason we must complete those former steps is because when you re-import back into Method as Leads you will get conflicts that say: "customer/employee/vendor/othername could not be sent to QBO as the Name is already in use." Thus why we are adding "Inactive" to the name.

Using QBO there is no batch way to make Customers Inactive. They force you to go into each record one by one and set them Inactive. As you stated you have 350 Leads in there that shouldn't be that can take quite a bit of time. We can batch make them inactive using customization within Method.

You have a few options:

- Hire one of our Consultants that can complete the customization and correct the errors. You can find more information here: https://www.method.me/support/assisted-services/

- Create a screen yourself: the objective of this screen is to loop through the Customers table looking for records that have "Inactive" in their FullName field as a suffix and setting them as inactive.

After a Sync all those leads will now be Inactive Customers on your QBO file and you will not have issues re-importing them into Method as Leads.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)