Method Community

Activity Start Date Change in Edit Activity

Last post 07-13-2015 3:56 PM by techconnect. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2015 10:24 AM

Activity Start Date Change in Edit Activity

In Cases, when we select the Existing Activities for This Case tab and then click the Edit Activity link for a specific activity, the Activity Start Time is automatically updated to today.  If we want to disable the change to the Start Time field, where in the screen controls would we look?  I have reviewed the action sets, screen settings, grid & control properties but can't find the process that's changing the date.  

Thanks,

Mike

• 07-06-2015 11:15 AM In reply to

Re: Activity Start Date Change in Edit Activity

Hey Mike,

Upon clicking on Edit Activity it calls 'OnScreenLoad-DONOTSHOW' in the Header section. There is no explicit action that updates the Activity Start Time to the current date, it clears the screen for a new activity then sends over the Activity details listed under the second Condition Statement block and you will notice there is none that sends the DueDateStart field. 

We can create one and send it over with the other Activity records.

Within the "If Case Activity # > 0 then..." Condition Statement copy one of the Retrieve Value From Table actions and add it under 'Get ActivityPriority' 

So I have it set to be Action 36 and here is a look of what I set it to (the resolution is large here is a direct URL: http://i.imgur.com/vDcT2cU.png)

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-10-2015 9:01 AM In reply to

Mortaza,

Sorry it took me so long to follow up on this.  So is this a change that you've already made to the condition block?  If so I can check it to see if the start date comes across with the rest of the existing activity information.

Thanks for your help - really appreciate it.

Mike

• 07-10-2015 10:28 AM In reply to

Hi Mike,

I did a quick screen capture to make it easier for you to see it in action. Here is a LINK.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-13-2015 7:31 AM In reply to

Mortaza,

Thanks very much for the clarification on this.  The link you sent definitely shows what we need.  Did you make the change to CRM_EditCase?  We're currently using CRM_EditCase_CSv2.  Here is what I'm currently seeing on that form.

http://streamable.com/vs2e

Sorry, but a couple more questions.  In the Activity table there's the Actual Start Date field and the DueDateStart field.

- On the CRM_EditCase_CSv2 screen (on the Case Dialog & New/Edit Activity tab), are the Activity Start Time control and the Follow-up Due On control both bound to the DueDateStart field in the Activity tabke?

- On the New_Activity_CSv1 screen, are the Due On and Follow Up Due On controls both bound to the DueStartDate field?

- On the activity calendar, if an activity is dragged to a new date, is it the DueStartDate field that is updated to the new date/time?

Many thanks again for all your help,

Mike

• 07-13-2015 11:21 AM In reply to

Hey Mike,

Yes those changed I did were all on the EditCase screen. All within the ONSCREENLOAD object.

On the EditCase screen:

- Activity Start Time is equal to DueDateStart.

- Follow-up Due On is equal to DueDateStart+7days.

On the NewActivity screen:

Due On is set as a Default value: Use today's date/time? which is checked by default.

- The Follow-up Due On adds 7 days to what the Due On is set to on screen.

On the ActivityCalendar screen: 

When you move an activity it is the DueDateStart that gets updated to the new date. 

- Also the DueDateEnd changes it adds +30min to what the DueDateStart is set to.

I hope I got all the questions there. If not let me know and I can elaborate/clarify.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-13-2015 12:23 PM In reply to

Mortaza,

Awesome - this is very helpful.  The only request left is to make the changes to the version of the Edit Case screen that we're currently using - that's CMR_EditCase_CSv2.  If you could make the changes to that one we should be all set.

Thank you again for all your help,

Mike

• 07-13-2015 2:04 PM In reply to

Hey Mike,

All the changes were done on my test account (EditCase). I cannot make the changes on the screen for you. Follow my original post and you should be able to have it working the same way on your account:

- Open your CMR_EditCase_CSv2 

- Edit the OnScreenLoad-DONOTSHOW object

Within the "If Case Activity # > 0 then..." Condition Statement copy one of the Retrieve Value From Table actions and add it under 'Get ActivityPriority' 

- Change it to DueDateStart (as per my screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/vDcT2cU.png

That should be it. If needed I can elaborate on each step.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-13-2015 3:56 PM In reply to

Mortaza,

Works like a charm - thanks again for your help and patience!

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)