Method Community

on screen payment notification

Last post 07-14-2015 1:39 PM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2015 12:42 AM

on screen payment notification

method,

I have just noticed that my customized, contacts portal payment screen does not have a pop up notification  that indicates  to the customer that the payment has been processed and approved.  this lack of a notifying pop up causes customers to submit the payment multiple times.

can you direct me to the process of inserting an action that will pop up a notification box indicating that the card has been successfully charged and a redirect to a previous screen. I checked methods standard payment screen and it appears there is not an action of this type there.

your help is appreciated

• 07-14-2015 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: on screen payment notification

Hey Matlow99,

The logic would be:

if Payment = APPROVED then Pop-up Message: "payment processed" then Redirect to home screen /end.

First we need to find which Action Result stores the value if the payment was approved or declined. These actions all sit within the Process Payment button object. Within the Process Payment button actions take a look at the action: 'Credit Card Processing' and on the top it states: "Charges either a credit card or electronic check, and stores the value 'APPROVED' in the ‘Action Result Success or Fail’ if processed successfully."

In the bottom of that action you will need to take note of the Action Result name you have given for 'Action Result Success or Fail' (default is resultSucessFail).

Now create a conditional statement:
    Action Result resultSucessFail Equal to Type In APPROVED. Within that conditional statement add the action:
    > Show Message: “Payment Processed”
    > Go To Screen: Choose your portal_Home screen. Also make sure it goes to that specific Customers screen. 
    Finally close the conditional statement.

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-14-2015 11:14 AM In reply to

Mortaza,

Thank you for that instruction. I was able to set the conditional statement and show a message. Now however I have an error showing  "Invalid email address format for from email address"

I can't seem to find where in my settings I  have the email address that notifications are sent from. How do I check that the format is correct?

• 07-14-2015 11:47 AM In reply to

Hey,

Are you getting that error after clicking on the Process Payment button?

The email address that is being used to send notifications is listed under Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-14-2015 12:03 PM In reply to

Yes, after pressing the payment process button, the error appears. the card charge still goes through, but the error prevents the approval message and redirect to the home page actions from processing. and I don't receive the payment email notification.

I checked the email preferences and it appears that the email is correct.

• 07-14-2015 1:39 PM In reply to

Hey,

I would start by looking at the condition block for "If Email payment notification template is checked ..."

But if this error started happening after you added the new condition statement block it maybe due to where you listed the condition statements.

Listed you should see an existing Condition Statement block: "If they came from 'Home' then" - try adding the Pop-Up Message before the Go to Home screen actionRemove the statement blocks you previously created.

See if that fixes the issue

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)