Method Community

E-mail Set-up Error - Sequence:31

Last post 06-23-2010 4:13 PM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2010 10:18 AM

• Lynn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2010
    • Geric
    • Posts 3

E-mail Set-up Error - Sequence:31

I am new to using Method and am having trouble setting up my e-mail preferences.   I have read the posts on here with regard to this setup process and have successfully set up and sent e-mails using gmail, but I would prefer to use my firm's outlook account.  The error I receive when trying to send using my firm's server info is the following, "Error Action Sequence:31.  Error with connecting server; socket timeout to connect mail.thegriggsgroup.com."  I showed this error to IT and said that I should contact Method directly.  He said our ISP allows SMTP emails and he doesn't have any problems with using iPhones or Blackberrys to send and receive e-mails using the same server address, login and password information.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.Smile

• 06-22-2010 8:45 AM In reply to

Re: E-mail Set-up Error - Sequence:31

Hi Lynn,

I did some quick research and this message sounds like it is network related. Some Internet forums are suggesting it may be your smtp sever limiting message traffic, which means you can’t send too many emails. You might also want to check if your ISP requires “SSL” for email SMTP connections? This option is not supported in Method. This may also explain why testing with gmail worked.

Please let us know.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 06-23-2010 10:04 AM In reply to

• Lynn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2010
    • Geric
    • Posts 3

I sent your response to our firm's IT department and this is what he said:

"Our Exchange server does require SSL for outgoing e-mails, which most Exchange servers will require.  I wonder why this is not supported using in Method?  It’s a more secure connection.  We don’t want to turn off SSL, since it keep the e-mail passwords secure and hidden over the Internet."

Thoughts?

• 06-23-2010 4:13 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lynn,

Currently SSL setup is not supported in Method but there are plans to support it in Method sometime in the future.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)