Method Community

Drop Down Fields in Time Tracking

Last post 06-24-2010 3:33 PM by AccountingDept. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2010 11:34 AM

Drop Down Fields in Time Tracking

Drop down fields on the time tracking screen (not a customized screen) are not working.  When you click on the down arrow the following message says: Make sure the fields being displayed have not been deleted from the table.  If they have please edit this dropdown and remove the field.

Full sync done; no conflicts noted.  Reviewed screen under Customize - will not let me edit it because it is an original screen for the software.  I can view it and I can see the drop downs and my lists.  List names show up under their appropriate tabs.

What have I not troubleshooted?  What am I missing?

• 06-22-2010 8:50 AM In reply to

Re: Drop Down Fields in Time Tracking

Hello,

I am trying to duplicate your efforts. Can you please tell me what particular dropdown on the TimeTracking screen you are referring to? Also, when did this start happening for you?

Thanks,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 06-22-2010 7:56 PM In reply to

All fields - name, customer:job, service item.  Payroll item and billable are the only drop downs that are working.

This has been going on for a couple weeks.  Starting with one user and then two and now all of us.

I'm at my office tomorrow morning 7am-11am PST if you want to discuss by phone.

• 06-23-2010 4:02 PM In reply to

Can you please enable the MethodSupport user in your account (Customize>>>Users) and let me know the name of the Method account this is happening in. This seems simple enough for me to confirm and then create a support ticket if needed.

The Name dropdown is built off the Entity table, the Customer:Job dropdown is built off the Customer table (also effects Entity) and Service Item is built off the Item table. The tables these dropdowns are built from may have non-unique values for fields that should be unique. We'll try and confirm if this is the reason for the message.

Please let me know when MethodSupport is active in your account.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 06-24-2010 9:32 AM In reply to

MethodSupport user has been activated.

• 06-24-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

Answer

In your account I’ve confirmed two things.

The TimeTracking screen you are using is not an original Method screen. You can see this for yourself by editing the Employee Center tab in Method by clicking Customize>>>Tabs. You will notice the TimeTracking tab-link is pointing to a screen named TimeTracking(2) which is a customized screen. You might want to change this back to our original screen but be sure to click Save Changes and then Finished Editing Tab Links. You may need to sign out and back in.

I have also verified the original Method TimeTracking screen works just fine. Again verify this yourself by going to Customize>>>Screens and clicking ‘view’ beside the original screen.

Hope this helps,

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 06-24-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

Helps and fixed.  Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)