Method Community

delete selected activities

Last post 08-27-2015 3:01 PM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2015 6:23 AM

delete selected activities

I have a customized Activities List screen that I copied over from Field Services and then made some changes to so that I could select multiple activies and have the "Update Selected" tab to change a group of activities at one time.  I would like to add an option to be able to "delete selected activities" so I can get rid of a bunch of cancelled activities, however nothing I have tried has been successful in deleting multiple activities.  Can anyone tell me how to add this? 

• 08-27-2015 10:35 AM In reply to

Re: delete selected activities

Answer

Hey Maureen,

I believe you already have a row for check boxes in your Activity Grid so we skip that step.

Now add a Button to the screen (e.g. 'Delete Selected'):

- Loop Through Grid (Activity) (NOTE: ONLY CHECKED ROWS is crucial here)

- Now in the loop add a 'Delete Record From Table'

This is my full Action Set:

Maureen remember this action is irreversible, use with caution. I would throw in some Conditional Warnings in the Action Set to be safe.

I hope this answers your question.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-27-2015 2:49 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Thank you!!  Works perfectly and yes I threw in a Message of "Are you sure you want to delete multiple activites" And a Conditional Warning of Stopping the process if I was trying to delete anything that contains a status other than "Cancelled".  Thanks so much for your help!

With Gratitude for this Forum Smile

Maureen

• 08-27-2015 3:01 PM In reply to

Hey Maureen,

Awesome! That conditional logic is the best route of action, better safe than sorry :).

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)