Method Community

Sales Tax Code

Last post 10-16-2011 7:53 AM by Method_Paul. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 2:40 PM

Sales Tax Code

I don't know why this has happeded, but for some reason all of my contacts have a Sales Tax Code of "Tax".  I'm certain that didn't come from QB, because I ran a customer report and only have 5 taxable customers.  I noticed it today when my QB customer balance report jumped by several hundred dollars over night.  It was all related to sales tax being added to invoices as i was associating them to opportunities and then saving them.  They then updated over to QBOnline.

I have attempted to edit a grid and update through actions with a loop but it said the Sales Tax Code was not editable.  (I actually noticed that when i allowed edits to the grid but that column was greyed out.

I then tried the import/export function, but it also said that the Sales Tax Code was not editable so it wouldn't update.

Is there any way to go through and update those records where the billing address IS NOT "KS" to "Non" without going one record at a time?  If I begged, could you run a SQL Update statement on your end to change all them to "Non"?  I could go through and find the KS records to change back to "Tax"

• 10-07-2011 3:33 PM In reply to

Re: Sales Tax Code

Shawn-

Let me look into this and get back to you.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 10-07-2011 4:43 PM In reply to

Thanks Michael.  I may be on to something.  Not sure why all the flags were set to "Tax", but I think my "script" button to change them is working.  It's not going all the way through but I'm down to 225 records now and it stopped.

• 10-07-2011 4:47 PM In reply to

Something's not right in the sync to QBOnline.  All of them are correctly set it method to "Non" now.  A new report in QBOnline now has them all set to "Yes" Taxable.

• 10-08-2011 9:46 AM In reply to

Shawn - 

You're absolutely right.  Something isn't right with the QBO syncing.  So far we've been in touch with Intuit, the makers of QB Online, and they have confirmed that it is a bug on their end, and that they are working on a fix.  As soon as I know more, you'll be the first to know.  And yes, as soon as we have a fix, we'll be able to work some magic behind the scenes to update your KS customers.

Paul 

• 10-08-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

Shawn - what we've done temporarily, until we hear back from Intuit is:

1. An edit to a customer from Method to set a customer to be non-taxable will be ignored.

2. An edit to a customer to make them taxable will succeed.

Currently, until there is a fix from Intuit, there is no way for a 3rd party app like ours to make your customers non-taxable.  Crazy, I know.  

We're working with them to get a timeline of a fix, as well as find out how we can set all your customers to be non-taxable.  If we can do that, then at least we can just update your KS customers to be taxable, and get this mess resolved.

Paul

• 10-09-2011 3:53 PM In reply to

Shawn - an update.  We just heard back from Intuit that they will be applying a hotfix later this week.  Once they do that, we'll be able to restore our ability to send changes to make customers non-taxable again.  Then we'll be able to work the back-end logic.  So if everything goes smoothly, we'll have everything normal again by the end of the week.

Paul 

• 10-10-2011 3:00 AM In reply to

Thanks Paul.  I did have them corrected in Method with my Actions script but apparently QBOnline wrote them back over.  Assuming the fix lets me write back updates from Method to QBOnline, I should be able to run my script again after Intuit puts in their fix.  Just let me know when they've got it fixed.  I appreciate it.

• 10-15-2011 10:03 PM In reply to

Answer

Shawn -

Intuit did the hot fix as they promised.  We have tested on our end and everything is now working as it should again.  We have reverted the temporary change, so we are back to normal.

You should be able to run your script and have it work its magic.  If you need some help from us, though, let us know.

Thank you for your patience.

Paul 

• 10-16-2011 7:18 AM In reply to

Worked like a charm.  Ran the script and updated perfectly in Method.  Waited a few minutes and ran a report in QBO and it appears they are all where they should be.  Thank you a bunch.

• 10-16-2011 7:53 AM In reply to

Shawn - that's great to hear.

Side note: I must say how impressed I am with how quickly you picked up Method. Within a few days of signing up you figured out how to create screens, buttons and run actions that update a mass number of records based on conditional logic.  That's awesome.

Another side note: keep your eyes open this week for a new announcement regarding QB Online syncing.  We will be introducing Intuit Anywhere to QBO users, which gives an even easier way to sync Method with QBO.  We'd love to have you as an early adopter.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)