Method Community

Multiple Screens being opened at once.

Last post 09-10-2015 2:44 PM by MikeB. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2015 11:59 AM

Multiple Screens being opened at once.

I created a new "Leads List" tab in the Leads tab group that was based on the Customer table, as opposed to using the stock Method Leads List, which is based on the Contacts table.

I also created a new "Edit" lead screen, because our current Edit Lead screen has severe issues that Method has been unable to explain or fix.

So...

I have a very simple action at the end of each grid in the new Leads List screen: there's a hyperlink to edit the lead.

The actions open and show the new Edit Lead screen.

However, when I click on it, BOTH the old and the new Edit Lead screens open.

• 09-10-2015 1:00 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple Screens being opened at once.

There are 2 very simple actions, GoTo tab link and Show Tab Link, so I ran some tests:

1. Show Tab Link ONLY: I removed the GoToTabLink action. What happened was that the New Edit Lead screen was shown, which is what I want. Data is not populated yet because it needs the GoToTabLink action to do so.

2. GoToTabLink ONLY: I am taken to the New Edit Lead screen and it is populated with the appropriate information, which is expected. It is not unhidden, which is also expected. However, the old Edit Lead screen is now unhidded, but it is not populated with any information. So, gomewhere in this GoTo action (which works) an Unhide action is launched, which makes ZERO sense.

3. Both Show Tab Link and Go To Tab Link: I am taken to the new Edit Lead screen, which is also now unhidden. All this is as expected. But then the old Edit Lead screen is unhidden, and it is not populated with information.

I need this old screen to STOP being unhidden.

Alternatively, I could try to delete the old screens from the Leads tab, but when I try to delete the old Edit Leads tab I get a message that I can't because it's the destination of a GoTo action. And when I try to delete the old Lead List action I can't delete that because apparently it's the destination of  a "Go back" action in the old Edit Lead screen.

What am I supposed to do here?!?

• 09-10-2015 1:19 PM In reply to

Never mind, I figured it out.

It would have been nice to have some guidance on the issue instead of being stonewalled though. I could have saved a few hours.

• 09-10-2015 1:58 PM In reply to

Hey Mike,

I was just about to push enter in my reply to your issue. I'm happy you got around to it, for reference and for anybody else that may fall into this situation in the future and find this thread- you mind posting how you got around it?

For reference this is what I was going to reply with:

First just to get some clarification:

1- The stock LeadsList screen thats based off Contacts, do you still have that listed under "Leads" tab? Or is that removed?

2- When creating the new EditLeads tab did you copy the stock EditLeads or create a new screen?

I ask the second question because on Step 3 of creating a copy of a screen you have an option 'Replace links to an existing screen' which will handle all the redirection for all the other screens that link to (in this case EditLeads). That includes all the linked fields that are on Grids. This is why you are getting the errorswhen trying to delete the stock screen TabLink.

As per your issue on #2: the Action that unhides the TabLink is on the EditLead screen it's on the 'OnLoadAppearance' button the and it is Action #22.

In your case you can jump in there and change it point to your customized Edit Lead screen. 

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-10-2015 2:44 PM In reply to

Thank you.

Yes, buy the process of elimination detailed above, I went to the New Edit Lead screen (which was indeed a copy of the stock Edit Lead screen).

I found the Show tab link action buried in the OnLoadAppearance actions and changed it.

I had no idea that a specific action to show/hide a specific tab link would be buried in an OnLoadAppearance button on an Edit Lead screen. It didn't make sense that it would be there and I didn't think to look there until I had narrowed it down.

But after a while I managed to discover the same thing.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)