Method Community

How is it that Last/Next activity are hyperlinks on the CRM_LeadList screen?

Last post 09-14-2015 1:17 PM by Method_Morty. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2015 3:46 PM

How is it that Last/Next activity are hyperlinks on the CRM_LeadList screen?

I am trying to replicate the hyperlink nature of the Last Activity and Next Activity values in the CRM_LeadList screen for my own screen, but I don't see anything in the SQL override area for those fields.

Usually I have to add something in the SQL override portion of a field (ie. for an email field) in order to make it a hyperlink.

I want to replicate this on my new, custom Lead List screen (based on the Customer table and not on the Contacts table) but I don't know how the hyperlinks appear on the CRM_LeadList screen.

• 09-10-2015 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: How is it that Last/Next activity are hyperlinks on the CRM_LeadList screen?

Hey Mike,

It would be a 2 step proccess:

- First using SQL retrieve the date of the Last/Next Activity

- Second going into Advanced for the field add a Select Action that, Retrieves the RecordID then GoToScreen with that RecordID

The latter would turn it into a hyperlink.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-11-2015 9:08 AM In reply to

Re: How is it that Last/Next activity are hyperlinks on the CRM_LeadList screen?

I believe you did not understand my question.

The stock Method CRM_LeadList screen has hyperlinks for thos fields, which are automatically generated fields in Method (I believe). They are hyperlinks, but I seen no SQL in the Advanced portion for those fields. How is it that they are hyperlinks. I am not a SQL expert but I can replicate SQL from Method stock screens. I already have the dates in my own grid - I just need to hyperlink them. On the stock screens, there are actions that open the Activity screen in a pop-up, which I have implemented for my own screen.

• 09-11-2015 10:54 AM In reply to

Hey Mike,

Last Activity and Next Activity fields are special Method fields and cannot be modified in any way.

And even if we used a SQL Override command we would be unable to pull the Next or Last Activity with Min/Max. Which is why there is no SQL code in the Advanced options for the fields.

But what you can do is:

- Add the 'NextActivityDueDate' from your Customer table to the your CustomerList Grid 

Now add a Select Action to that Field with two actions: 

> (1) Retrieve Value From Table

> (2) Show Screen In Pop Up

This will pull the Date and also make it a hyperlink which will open the Activity in a new Pop-up.

Is this what you were trying to accomplish?

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-14-2015 8:33 AM In reply to

Your example above is confusing:

You recommend pulling the NextActivityDueDate from the Contacts table, matching the Customer RecordID that is in that particular row. Aren't those different entities? Contact RecordIDs are not the same as CustomerRecordIDs.

Also, why do I need to retrieve a vfield/alue from a table when the field itself is already in my grid?

Anyway, this didn't work for me: no hyperlinks.

Please advise.

• 09-14-2015 8:42 AM In reply to

Some further context:

My table is editable - does that matter?

I made these fields "Read only", but I also tested them without the "read only" designation. Neither worked.

This is extremely frustrating, since last time I logged in, 26 screens regenerated (I know, a separate issue). But it makes doing this by trial and error extremely time-consuming.

I would appreciate a prompt and applicable response.

• 09-14-2015 1:17 PM In reply to

Hey Mike,

I was able to retrieve the correct Record_ID for the related Activities.

In my example, I'm working with Last Activity.

This is my Retrieve Value from Table Action:

In the proceeding Show Screen in Popup Action use that ActionResult which will then make it a hyperlink.

Here is a quick screencap of how it looks on my end:

https://streamable.com/22ad

It's the same method for Next Activity.

Give this a try and let me know if it working correctly on your end.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)