Method Community

Customized fields search

Last post 09-09-2015 8:46 AM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2015 5:31 PM

Customized fields search

Hi,

How do I do a search based on new fields that I have created in the customer field?

• 09-03-2015 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: Customized fields search

Hey Karrena,

You would have to add that Field to a Grid on screen.

Depending on which Table you added that Field to, you would customize a screen based off that Table and add that new Field to either the existing Grid or to a new Grid object on screen.

Please let me know if you would like me to elaborate on the steps.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-03-2015 1:28 PM In reply to

Thank you for the reply!

I think I understand, but would you please elaborate a bit more so I would feel confident doing it.

Thanks again!

• 09-04-2015 10:08 AM In reply to

Hey Karrena,

If you want me to be specific for the field you created, let me know the field and table you added it to.

For my example I will add a new field to Contacts table: "Age"

Now in the CRM_CustomerList screen, I will customize the screen and add the field to the Grid.

First let's Edit the Grid:

Head over to Step 2 of 9: Add the new Field as a Column

Now after a Save & Close/Publish if you go back to the screen (in our example CustomerList) that field will be available in the Grid.

If you're new to Method customization I would recommend watching a few webinars here to get you started.  Some good ones for you would be the Intro to Customization then Intro to Actions. 

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-04-2015 9:56 PM In reply to

Thank you very much, I have a problem though: when I rightclick a customer in order to customize it tells me this:

The value passed in the URL appears to have been altered. Please check the link that you used to access this page.

What do I do?

• 09-09-2015 8:46 AM In reply to

Hey Karrena,

That is very odd, another route to customize the page is to head over to: Customize > Screens

The screen we are going to customize is CRM_CustomerList. Highlight the screen name, make a copy and when you highlight the copied screen you will now have an option to Edit.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)