Method Community

Primary Email Address is not valid error

Last post 09-17-2015 2:24 PM by Method_Audisho. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2015 7:14 PM

Primary Email Address is not valid error

Today, when saving a customer modification from the customer screen in Scheduling & Invoicing, I received the error "The Primary Email Address is Not Valid".  This appears when I have two email addresses in the field separated by a comma.  This has never been an issue before and is the norm in Quickbooks for customers requiring invoices to be sent to multiple addresses.  Did something change and if so how can we change it back??  We need to make changes to the customer records but cannot as the system doesn't like the format of the primary email address field.

Thanks!

• 07-01-2015 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: Primary Email Address is not valid error

Hi ghawton,

I did some testing and I am able to replicate this behaviour. Unfortunately, I don’t see any actions on the screen itself for performing email address validation on save. Due to this, I’ve created a ticket for our development team to investigate. For the time being, the only work-around that I can provide you is the following:

1) Copy and remove (or cut) the additional emails from the customer

2) Save the customer record along with the necessary changes in Method

3) Open the customer in QBO and paste back the email address data

I’ll keep you posted on any updates that I receive via this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-08-2015 1:07 PM In reply to

Any updates on this?  It is really causing some issues. Thanks.

• 07-21-2015 1:37 PM In reply to

Any updates?  How can a change that was improperly thought out, and is impacting I'm sure more users than me, not be reverted easily and quickly.

• 07-21-2015 3:05 PM In reply to

Hi ghawton,

Sorry that I missed your previous request for an update on this. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update on the ticket at this time. I’ll raise it again and see if I can get you an update shortly.

Are you positive that you were able to save email addresses in this format in Method previously? I don’t recall seeing any updates regarding email validation pushed out recently. Since QBO allows this, but Method doesn’t could it be possible that you’ve never attempted to save one of these customers in Method before?

Where is this causing you the most problems? Maybe I can recommend a workaround if you explain what you’re doing when you encounter this error.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 07-24-2015 6:04 PM In reply to

Audisho...while it is possible we've never saved those before it is highly unlikely.  We have a ton of additional fields added to the customer screens so every customer we have is touched in Method at one time or another.  Due to the additional tabs on the customer screen whenever we make changes to that data we run into this problem and have to copy/paste the email and re-save it in Quickbooks.  Granted it's not a 10 times a day thing, but is still an annoyance that I'm sure was not there previously.

• 08-17-2015 10:55 AM In reply to

We just lost a significant piece of data due to your bug on this email address and lack of response.  As the error message is just a banner flash it isn't obvious to the user that the data is not being saved--so it got missed.

This was a poorly added change that conflicts with Quickbooks functionality which is what you guys tout...and you've essentially been ignoring this issue on my posts.  I can't believe I'm the only one affected.  It can't be more than a 5 minute fix to remove the incorrect error-checking code from the system.

• 08-17-2015 11:13 AM In reply to

Hi ghawton,

I’m sorry that I did not respond back to your previous post. Our development team has created a code fix for this and I was awaiting it to be released for testing before responding. As of Friday, our move from our current host to Amazon this weekend (see THIS post) is taking precedent over deploying any new code fixes. Assuming our move to Amazon goes smoothly, I expect this will be resolved shortly afterwards, but I’ll keep you posted.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 09-17-2015 2:24 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi ghawton,

My apologies that it took so long, but as per our Method:Classic release today, this issue has been resolved. Please test this again and post back if it’s still a problem.

Thank you,

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)