Method Community

setting up email servers

Last post 10-08-2015 8:54 AM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2015 2:24 PM

Confused [*-)] setting up email servers

I keep getting a reminder stating "Dear account owner, recently you have setup web form Web-To-Lead and have enabled email notification, without setting up your mail server first. Please setup your email server, otherwise you will constantly be receiving these reminders. Thank you." and I havent been able to find any information on the mail server or how to set it up. Can someone tell me how to find this information? Please help!

Savanna Sawyer
    Business Cents
    Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
    Tel: 509.389.7000
    Like us on Facebook

Our Mission is to assist business owners to succeed in achieving their financial dreams. Business Cents does this by helping our clients know and understand their financial position with good monetary controls, appropriate training, and effective and efficient systems and software tools.
    We are passionate about the health of our clients' businesses, and work to bring their owners, management and staff together as a team to help them understand the effect their actions have on the success of the business.
  • 10-07-2015 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: setting up email servers

Hi Savanna,

Please take a look at our following help center article:

Solution No. 84

Follow-up if you run into any errors and/or need further assistance.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-07-2015 3:05 PM In reply to

I have looked at that solution and read it through and through. I am still unable to get that test email sent. Am I supposed to be putting in an email and the email password? Or my method login and password? Also, do godaddy customers have to worry about a port?

Savanna Sawyer
    Business Cents
    Like us on Facebook

Our Mission is to assist business owners to succeed in achieving their financial dreams. Business Cents does this by helping our clients know and understand their financial position with good monetary controls, appropriate training, and effective and efficient systems and software tools.
    We are passionate about the health of our clients' businesses, and work to bring their owners, management and staff together as a team to help them understand the effect their actions have on the success of the business.
  • 10-07-2015 3:29 PM In reply to

Hi Savanna,

Did some searching on the GoDaddy website and GoDaddy's email settings and it should be:

server: smtpout.secureserver.net
    user: your email
    pass: your password 
    port: 80
    SSL: no

Give that a shot and follow-up.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 10-07-2015 3:35 PM In reply to

Thank you very very much!! Where did you find that information on their website? I have been combing through it for about an hour now!

Savanna Sawyer
    Business Cents
    Like us on Facebook

• 10-08-2015 8:54 AM In reply to

Hey Savanna,

Agreed, I went down a deep tunnel looking for that information. I'll look at my browser history to see if I still have the link, it was very deep into their help center. 

I did speak to our Education team and they have updated our help center article with the GoDaddy information: 

Solution No. 84

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)