Method Community

checkbox

Last post 09-25-2015 10:10 AM by Maureen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2015 2:51 PM

checkbox

I added a few checkboxes to work orders to make it easier for employees to set the correct status.  I made it that if you check the box, the staus field is populated with a particular status.  However if you click a different checkbox it changes the staus as it should, but the check in the original checkbox remains and this causes some confusion, because then if they click the original checkbox to remove the checkmark, the status reverts.  Basically whether your are checking or unchecking the box, it does the same thing.  I have searched for a conditional statement that would make it so that it only changes the status if the checkbox was empty and not if it was clicked to remove the checkmark.   Can't seem to find anything that will work for me.  

I thought about changing them to buttons, but then I can't write a hoover over for help message.  

Any thoughts? 

Thanks,

Maureen

• 09-25-2015 9:02 AM In reply to

Re: checkbox

Hi Maureen,

As I still test out the Checkbox route, another option you can try if it fits the flow:

Why don't you use the Radiobox object with the status's listed. The Users won't need to uncheck previous options anymore and will only need to choose an option from the Radiobox. Which then updates the Status object you have on screen.

Is that a viable solution?

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-25-2015 10:10 AM In reply to

Re: checkbox

Yes, I used the radiobox instead and That is perfect!! 

Thank youSmile !!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)