Method Community

Sync Transaction History Settings: ZERO Days / Insert API Call - Syncs to QB?

Last post 11-10-2015 10:24 AM by furrywombat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2015 12:03 PM

Sync Transaction History Settings: ZERO Days / Insert API Call - Syncs to QB?

We're trying to minimize the size of our Method database in an effort to speed things up a bit. After several years working with QB & Method, our QB file & Method DB have grown QUITE large. My question is related to this post made just moments ago in the general forum. 

Based on the concept laid out in that post, my question is simply this... if we set the "Synchronize Transaction History" to "None" for a particular transaction (i.e. Estimates), and then we create an Estimate transaction via the API and initiate a SendToDesktop call:

A) Will that transaction post through to QuickBooks?

B) If so, if that transaction is updated in QuickBooks, and not in Method, will Method recognize the change? And vice versa? 

• 11-10-2015 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: Sync Transaction History Settings: ZERO Days / Insert API Call - Syncs to QB?

Hi furrywombat,

To answer your question - 

A) Yes, this transaction will flow through to QuickBooks.

B) In short - you only have the inital sync from Method to QB if your transaction history is set to 'none'.  Since you have set the transaction history to 'None', the newly created transaction will be removed from Method on the next Full Sync.  While the transaction is still in Method though, changes to the transaction in Method will not flow to QB, and changes to transaction in QB will not flow to Method.  

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 11-10-2015 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Sync Transaction History Settings: ZERO Days / Insert API Call - Syncs to QB?

Jonathan, thank you for clearing this up.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)