Method Community

Hide Product/Service Name on Estimates/Invoices- Only Show Sub-Category Name

Last post 10-15-2015 5:23 PM by Fontebuzz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2015 2:34 PM

Hide Product/Service Name on Estimates/Invoices- Only Show Sub-Category Name

We have a number of products/services in Quickbooks and have put them as sub-categories to a parent to help with reporting.  EX: PARENT SERVICE NAME: Website Services-- SUB CATEGORY NAME: Website Design

However, our estimates and invoices have always shown both the parent name of the product as well as the sub-category name in the ITEM area and it doesn't look good.

We've dealt with it for a while but I'd love some help on ONLY showing the sub-category name of the product on the estimates/invoices and removing the main parent name from them (in the above example I'd like to only show "Website Design")...

Can anyone provide some help on this?  I tried searching the forums for this exact question but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

• 10-15-2015 3:33 PM In reply to

Re: Hide Product/Service Name on Estimates/Invoices- Only Show Sub-Category Name

Hi Fonte,

I am assuming you are referring to the transaction report templates, if so that sounds very similar to the question on this Forum post HERE. Take a look, it will require some knowledge of scripting and report designer customization.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-15-2015 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: Hide Product/Service Name on Estimates/Invoices- Only Show Sub-Category Name

Thanks, I'm not familiar with scripting and would appreciate it if someone can provide that script or help out with this if they have done it (or something similar) in the past... Any takers??  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)