Method Community

Customer Import & QuickBooks Integration Issue

Last post 07-22-2010 2:41 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2010 5:26 PM

Customer Import & QuickBooks Integration Issue

Issue: I imported a list of leads using the customer import tool and those leads appeared in QuickBooks

Background:

- Prior to importing the leads i created a lead within method

- I verified that lead did not pass into QuickBooks

- I exported the customer data file to see what all the fields for a "lead" looked like and noticed that the main difference was the "isleadstatus" field was set to true... Also i noticed the "isactive" is set to "true" as well

Steps to replicate:

- Make sure your Method is integrated with QuickBooks

- Export customer file with a lead as a csv file

- Add a bunch of leads (in my case i added 300 leads) to the csv file

- Import the csv file into the customer table

Please let me know if you need help replicating this...

• 07-22-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

Re: Customer Import & QuickBooks Integration Issue

Answer

Hello Rick,

I used the Method Import/Export tool which can be found by going to Customize > Integration Tools > Go to Import/Export. I created a CSV file and added the 'Name' and 'IsLeadStatusOnly' fields to the Customer table. I entered the name of the Leads under the 'Name' field and 'True' as the value for the 'IsLeadStatusOnly' field, the Leads were entered in Method and they did not go over to QuickBooks. It worked fine. 

Did you use the Method Import/Export Tool? If you used the Method Import/Export tool, you have to ensure that the 'IsLeadStatusOnly' field is set to True. Also in step 2, you would want to ensure that you select 'To existing Field' for columns to import, for both the Name and IsLeadStatusOnly fields. If there are other fields you want to add then you would do the same for those as well. Also ensure that the correct 'Field Name' is selected. Take a look at webinar 28, and follow the steps as outlined in the webinar. Here is the link to view that webinar: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx

If you used the MethodApi Sample excel, then the following blog contains a video that would help http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2010/01/12/geek-corner-importing-using-excel-api-tool.aspx.

Depending on which import tool you used, follow the related webinar steps and let me know if it works for you. You can use about 3 - 5 Leads for testing purposes. With regards to the Leads you imported previously, you would have to delete them if you do not want them to be in QuickBooks. Once you do a run through of the webinar example, and if it works then you can import them once again. Keep me posted.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)