Method Community

method:crm API Integration with Asterisk??? Need Help

Last post 02-03-2016 5:49 PM by Method_Jonathan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2016 1:23 PM

method:crm API Integration with Asterisk??? Need Help

Hello,

Can you assist with the functionality of getting your API to interface with our Asterisk Phone Switch?  First off, I am not Technical but I am trying to assist one of our engineers with determining if we are able to interface completely with Method CRM.  We are a Hosted Voice Solution provider and we have a potential customer who would like to be assured that Method can integrate completely with our Asterisk "switch".  

Here are a few examples of how we integrate with other CRM's:

Salesforce:

I am not sure if the information above is helpful in regards to the question I am asking but if you would like to talk with our Lead Engineer, please give him a call:

John Curran

(614) 441-4942

Thank you very much for any assistance you can give!!!

• 01-26-2016 5:18 PM In reply to

Re: method:crm API Integration with Asterisk??? Need Help

Hi PlanetOneNetworks, 

I am not familiar with Asterisk, but the next question around implementation would be to what extent do you want to integrate - what exactly do you want to do? 

Have you taken a look at our API documentation?

We have api endpoints that support retriving contacts from a Method account based on a phone number, which is what I assume you are doing for the other integration endpoints you have provided.  

If you have additional questions, please feel free to post them up and I can see if we are able to provide a more specific answer.  For implementation services with regards to our API, we rely on our partner network.  A partner may provide more percise knowledge with regards to implementation.      

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 01-27-2016 1:07 PM In reply to

Jon,

Thank you very much for your response!  In a nutshell, let me describe what we want to doand maybe you or of your developers can assist.

Our Customer would like to integrate with their new phones.  Here are the functions that they would like to see available:

Inbound Calls:

Phone call comes in from an existing customer (someone in Method).  When the call comes in to their ectension, they would like a Separate Tab/Window to populate (key here is not to interrupt any work that they are alredy performing in Method...100 line order) with the inbound customers account (potentially on a certain window?) so that they can start communicatiing effectively with the caller right away.  This will also potentially create an "Event" where rep can input notes on the phone call.

Outbound Calls:

Here, they would like to be on a Customers account/contact page and have the ability to "click" the phone number and have the phone dial the number selected.  This way the rep will be on the account and can input notes directly on the customers account.

I can see my customer expanding on this functionality in the future but at this point I feel that the integration is fairly simple.  My Engineer has been through the API Documentation but has not located anything that has been useful.  We currently do a very similar integration with SalesForce and with VTiger.  I would assume that Method would be similarly easy to work with.  From a Salesman's perspective, we are either 'sending" method a phone number and asking for a Pop-up screen pulled from the database or we are accepting a phone number to be dialed from Method through out platform.

If you can please assist with this type of request or possibly point me in the right direction, it would be Gratefully appreciated!

Joel

joel@planet1networks.com

(614) 364-4742 - Direct

• 02-03-2016 5:49 PM In reply to

Joel,

For Inbound, you can retrieve a record from the Contacts table using the MethodAPISelect_DatasetV2 call - you can filter results based on the incoming phone number.  Once knowing a contact record id, for the caller, you can then utilize the MethodAPIGetScreenURLV4 call to create a URL for a specific screen within Method that can be opened.  Setting the record id will mean that the contact's record is automatically loaded once the screen is opened.   

For Outbound, you can utilize the Call a Webservice action from inside method to call your Asterix endpoint when someone clicks on a phone number inside method. 

This of course is a very high level breakdown for integration - If you'd like a more in depth chat on implementation, I recommend reaching out to one of our Method partners with API experience. 

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)