Method Community

How do I get a Customer record?

Last post 11-17-2015 8:27 AM by Method_Jonathan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2015 9:56 AM

• vonwao
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-09-2015
    • Posts 6

How do I get a Customer record?

I need to get a customer record, but I have found very incomplete documentation of how to do something basic like this.  When I try to call MethodAPISelect_XMLV2, it returns "Please specify a list of fields to retreive data from."  Is there a list of possible fields somewhere?  Also I'm assuming the table name is "Customer", but I'm not sure because I haven't yet beeen able to get a list of tables. 

Thanks,
    Otto 

• 11-17-2015 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: How do I get a Customer record?

Hello Otto,

When retrieving data using the MethodAPISelect_XMLv2 call, you need to specify a list of field names.  There a few ways you can accomplish this -  

• You can use the MethodAPIFieldListV2 call to view a list of fields for the 'Customer' table.  To get you started, try using the fieldname of 'FullName'.  The parameter passed in should be a comma separated list in case you are retrieving more than single field. 
    • You can also access table & field information by logging directly into your Method account and navigating to the Customize Tab -> Tables / Fields Tab Link (assuming you are a Classic user).
    • I've also replied to your other post regarding retrieving table information here.

Finally, we do have sample projects here if you have not already found them. 

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)