Method Community

Activities vs Cases

Last post 01-13-2016 12:59 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2016 6:30 PM

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Activities vs Cases

So, I am playing around with these two screens (as I am trying to make room for more tabs) and I am struck at how similar they are.

Activities seems sort of like a more robust version of Cases to me right now.

Could someone help me understand the difference in these screens and tables? I looked at the Method help files on them both and they pretty much give the same description.

• 01-13-2016 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Activities vs Cases

Answer

Hi Sixtel,

I recommend looking through our documentation on both Activities and Cases included in our Help Center. If you’d like to book one on one training for this, please speak with your account manager. Let me know if you’d like me to have them reach out. I’m happy to do so.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-13-2016 11:41 AM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Thanks, I looked those over.

I think my confusion is that if you read those two pages, they are basically saying the same things.

ie:

What is a case?
    It's helpful to think of a case as an interaction between your company and another entity. Basically speaking, creating a case means creating a record of interaction between a representative and a new or existing contact, lead, or vendor. These interactions can include phone calls, meetings, and other activity types - from service appointments to follow-ups. Cases can also document an interaction with one of your own employees, which is helpful when you are internally tracking employee performance, vacation time, and a host of other potential scenarios.

What is an activity?
    One of the cornerstones of CRM is the ability to keep track of every interaction and task your business takes part in, including interactions with customers, leads, vendors, partners and your own employees. These interactions are collectively called activities, and can include (but are not limited to): meetings phone calls emails other appointments

If you see the parts italicized and underlines, they seem to be saying the exact same thing except that activies can track a few more things than cases?

• 01-13-2016 12:59 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Sixtel,

To understand the entire scope, it’s best to go over each sub-article for activities and cases. There’s some tutorial videos attached that do a good job of explaining what can be accomplished with each.

Essentially an activity is used to log any interaction between a user and a lead, customer, vendor, another user etc. whereas a case is used to log the entire scope of an issue between a user or multiple users and a lead, customer or vendor. This can and often does include multiple activities.

This is something that is probably much easier to explain over the phone wile performing a screen share. As such, I’ve asked that your success coach reach out to explain. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)