Method Community

Method:CRM's ability to push data out

Last post 11-17-2015 4:57 PM by Method_Jonathan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2015 4:18 PM

Method:CRM's ability to push data out

Hello,

I have a question regarding your programs ability to push data out. We are looking at an warehouse managmenet system, 3PL Central and have been asked if your system has ability to push data out. Would it be able to push an order's details (items, quantity, location) out to this warehouse management system?

Thank you

Edward

• 10-07-2015 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Method:CRM's ability to push data out

Hey Edward,

Welcome to the Forums!

And yes that can definitely be accomplished using Method:CRM. Please take a look at our API: method.me/api/

Using our API you have access to push and/or pull data into other programs.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-07-2015 11:40 AM In reply to

Hey Edward,

Also wanted to add:

Using our 'Call a Web Service' action, you can call any 3rd party web service.  Passing the web service the record ID of the saved record would then allow you to 'Pull' the specific recordID out of Method and update an external database.  

Which would ensure your software will stay up to date when changes are made in Method.  

You can read more about the Web Service action at our Help Center article:

Call Web Service

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 11-17-2015 2:11 AM In reply to

Thank you for your help Mortaza.

I'm not sure if you have integrated with a WMS (inventory management) system before, so let me clarify what we are requesting.... we would like Method:CRM to POST to 3PL Central's API new orders when they are created within Method. 

Are you able to build scripts within Method to trigger this type of extermal API call?  The call would include all the information we would need to pick, pack and ship the order.

Also, are you then able to receive back tracking number information and inventory updates by calling into 3PL Central from Method (we have a SOAP API.)

We look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
    Steven Katz
    VP Sales & Marketing
    3PL Central
    310-341-3013
    skatz@3plcentral.com

• 11-17-2015 4:57 PM In reply to

Steve

Yes, we would be able to call a 3rd party API any time a new order is created within Method.

Example - I create a Sales Order in Method.  Clicking the ’Save’ button initiates a call to 3PL that pushes order information into 3PL.  

Yes, we can query an outside API to retrieve information like tracking numbers and inventory updates.  Depending on your requirements, if you need a near-realtime sync between 3PL and Method, I would suggest building an engine that sits between 3PL and Method that schedules the data exchanged between the two systems.   

Method does not have the ability to schedule automatic tasks (e.g. updating inventory each hour on the hour).  Someone physically needs to interact with method to start a process that calls a web service (e.g. Saving a new order, click a button to ‘update inventory’).  You could also have 3PL push data into Method using our APIs.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)