Method Community

Can additional filters be created for a grid

Last post 07-22-2010 11:48 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2010 11:30 PM

Can additional filters be created for a grid

The customer grid comes with a filter already set up. This filter allows you to create additional views but i was curious to know if additional "dropdowns" could be created? I'm looking to create additional dropdowns with values for cities.

I do understand that a user can enter the "city" value in the search box that appears at the top of the column but my problem for that is that the person using the grid may not know all of the cities that are available. Having a dropdown that is populated with these cities out be much more helpful.

Please let me know if you need more info....

• 07-22-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: Can additional filters be created for a grid

Hello Rick,

It is not possible to add an additional field dropdown for the grid filter. However, you have 2 alternatives available to you.

The 1st option is to enable editing within the grid. Provided the field is a dropdown, the users can click on the down arrow next to the field and see the dropdown list. Keep in mind, by making the grid editable users can then go in and change values for the records. So if you don't want this happening then option 2 might be better.

The 2nd option, is to put the dropdown fields outside of the grid. This way users can see all the values in the list. You can also add actions to filter the grid based on the dropdown value selected. The down side of this, is that your screen might have a few dropdowns that make the screen look a bit untidy.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)