Method Community

Customization on Grid Wizard for Estimate Line

Last post 01-19-2016 1:40 PM by Method_Audisho. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2016 6:47 AM

Customization on Grid Wizard for Estimate Line

We want to make some customization on Grid Wizard for Estimate Line for that we tried to follow these steps:

1. We have copied Quickbook_Estimate page.
    2. We went to Estimate Line and clicked on Edit.
    3. Now we saw the Grid Wizard page.

4.Here we want to apply a logic of Total Quantity *Unit price($83)=Total Amount. So that we can get Total Amount.

Please suggest me where we can get this Total Quantity entered by Users so that we can apply this logic, also suggest the page where we need to apply this logic ?

• 01-19-2016 10:09 AM In reply to

Re: Customization on Grid Wizard for Estimate Line

Hi Praveen,

Welcome to the Method forum!

The Amount field is already used to display quantity * rate. What is it that you’re trying to accomplish here?

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-19-2016 11:20 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

I want is to keep rate constant, I don’t want to allow user to change rate, he should just enter quantity and should get amount.

For e.g.  I set cost as $10 then user should be able to enter only quantity like 5 and should get Total amount as 50

Please suggest

Thanks,

• 01-19-2016 11:50 AM In reply to

Hi Praveen,

Any field that you do not want to allow editing to take place on the grid you can set as read-only. Just select the Advanced options for the field and check the Make Read Only box.

advanced field options

make read only

The field can still be updated by screen actions, but the user will be unable to change the value. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 01-19-2016 12:11 PM In reply to

Thanks,

How to add and show column in EstimationLine if we want to add any extra column like length , breadth and height ? Please suggest

What i want actually is to make changes in lenght, breadth and height and as per that i will be calculating volume and area. In this we will be keeping the cost column as hardcoded and unable for user to enter any cost, he can just enter lenght, breadth and height and the  calculation of volume and area will be shown to him with total amount. 

Thanks,

• 01-19-2016 1:40 PM In reply to

Hi Praveen,

In order to add a custom field to the EstimateLine grid, you’ll need to first add it to the EstimateLine table. You can do so by navigating to Customize > Tables / Fields, locating the EstimateLine table and selecting the Edit Fields… link.

Once you’ve added the field to the table, it will be available in the grid wizard the next time you enter Edit mode on the screen.

The logic that calculates the amount field automatically exists on the backend and cannot be modified or viewed at a screen level. You can however, create your own logic for calculating your custom field values using the Edit and Add grid actions. These are located on steps 5 and 6 respectively in the grid wizard. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)