Method Community

Using Purchase Orders

Last post 01-26-2016 11:45 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2016 11:27 AM

Using Purchase Orders

I work for a landscaping company. We are trying to create estimates for projects for customers and then create Sales Orders for the customers, Work Orders for the crews, and Purchase Orders for materials. I have seen how to create the Sales Orders and Work Orders from the estimates which can later be turned into invoices, but can we also track materials for each job by purchase order? When we do the estimates for these customers we can enter specific materials plus the labor that goes into the job. Can we generate a purchase order from there? And keep that information with the customer for invoicing?

• 01-26-2016 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: Using Purchase Orders

Answer

Hi jwalker,

Our stock screens don't contain this functionality, but it can certainly be added via customization. If you're looking for a reference on how to create this functionality, I suggest you have a look the process for generating an invoice from a sales order. I believe that you would need a screen like the one you see after selecting Create Invoice... for selecting which items you want to add to the purchase order.

This does sound like a fairly involved project. If you'd like our help with this, I suggest you reach out to your account manager to discuss having this functionality added by our professional services team. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)