Method Community

Creating jobs in method for current customer.

Last post 01-28-2016 2:51 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2016 9:54 PM

Creating jobs in method for current customer.

So, Inside the edit customer tab, I created a button called (Save and Add Job). When I click the button, it will open the crm new customer screen in a pop up.

I have tied several different things but can't seem to get it to work.

I'm needed to copy the current company name, first name, last name, bill to, address, city, state, and zip fields and have them pasted into the new customer pop up screen.

If somebody could tell me the steps in doing this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• 01-28-2016 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: Creating jobs in method for current customer.

Hi Wildliferemoval,

Any value that you want to pass to a different screen, you'll need to assign to a shared result. You'll also want to pass some reference of the screen that called the popup in a shared result as well.

In the OnScreenLoad event of the popup screen, use the Get Value From Shared Result action and a conditional statement to check if you were directed there by the correct calling screen. If so, retrieve the remaining shared results and then place them on the screen where they need to go using Enter Value Into Field On Screen actions.

Shared results can be finicky, so it's best to clear their value immediately after retrieving it. This will prevent issue with using the same shared result later on. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)