Method Community

Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Last post 01-14-2016 5:21 PM by furrywombat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2015 9:51 AM

Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

We've struggled with this since day one with the API. Now we are having an issue with SELECT calls.

Received several failed connection attempts at various intervals over the weekend. Most of these are select calls made with the intention of cleaning up DB entries left over after transactions are deleted that could be messing with our report calculations. When I run into this problem, I can generally solve the issue by recreating the table from the Method UI. But I should not have to do that. 

To be perfectly clear, we are able to load the WSDL into a PHP SoapClient object. That’s not where the connection error is happening… it’s happening when we attempt to request $soap->MethodAPISelect_XMLV2. Request, and exception data can be provided by email, but I am not posting it here.

• 12-21-2015 3:25 PM In reply to

Re: Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Furrywombat -

Please send me additional details via email (Request & Exception data) and I'll dig into the issue from our side. 

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 12-21-2015 3:32 PM In reply to

Thanks Jon!! Sending now...

• 12-21-2015 9:47 PM In reply to

Okay, now we're getting almost no connection whatsoever. 25-30 second latency, or no response whatsoever.

• 01-14-2016 5:21 PM In reply to

We fixed the issue by hosting the WSDL locally, but has reappeared. Emailed debug info to you. Hope we can get to the bottom of this...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)