Method Community

Preview Estimate Error

Last post 02-05-2016 4:44 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2012 1:12 PM

• Peet
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2012
    • Posts 6

Preview Estimate Error

Hi There!

I am trying to preview a estimate in method I created in quickbooks desktop, but it keeps on giving me this error :

This record could not be saved. The version of your accounting software does not support edits on this list or transaction from 3rd party software. Try editing the record directly in your accounting software instead.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

Your help would be appreciated :-)

• 02-07-2012 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: Preview Estimate Error

Hi Peet,

I need to first find out if this is an original screen or a customized screen. The best way to find this information is by hovering your mouse pointer over the tab link for the screen. The name will appear in a white rectangle box on the right hand side of the tab link.

I also wanted to make sure that the Method Integration engine is connected. Can you please check that out for me. You can find that info under the "Method PUSH status" and if it is, on the engine, can you click on "Synchronize" and then "Changes-Only Synchronization". Please let me know if that synchronization helped resolve that error message. 

Ronen. 

• 02-05-2016 1:58 PM In reply to

I'm getting the same error message when trying to view an Estimate in print preview.

We clicked the Synchronize button next to Changes-only Sync.  It now shows that it synched within the last 1/2 hour.  However, when I try to view the same estimate again in print preview, I'm still getting the error.  Any other suggestions?

We also have the Field Services module.  Within that, when we go to the estimate link, we can print preview there without error.

Thanks, in advance, for any assitance.

Deb

• 02-05-2016 4:44 PM In reply to

Hello Deb,

The record could not be saved. The version of your accounting software does not support edits on this list or transaction from 3rd party software. Try editing the record directly in your accounting software instead.

The error message above is incorrect. The error is actually being caused by an error in the table to which the screen is trying to save.

To resolve this, you need to regenerate or “refresh” the table to which the screen is trying to save.

1. Determine the tables to which the screen saves. Remember, some screens will save to more than 1 table (e.g. The Estimate screen saves to the tables Estimate & EstimateLine)
    2. Navigate to Customize -> Tables / Fields
    3. Locate one of the tables to be regenerated in the list.
    4. Click on the table name or the Edit Fields... text to the right. The edit fields dialogue for the table is displayed.
    5. Click the Finished Editing Fields button in the bottom right. The table will now be regenerated.
    6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for any other tables to which the screen saves.
    7. Also, Regenerate the Entity table.

Once you have completed the above steps, repeat the changes you were previously trying to make, to determine if the issue has been resolved.

In case you still have issues, feel free to contact us on our support line 1-888-925-6238 x2 or send us an email on support@method.me .

I hope that helps!

-Inder
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)